Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 and One UI SUggestions

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 10:59 AM)
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Dear Samsung,

Here I am again in my 100th post giving you my 1000th suggestion and feedback.

Your S21 lineup's sales have dwindled in the past 2 years mainly because of the competition offering better price-for-specs ratio and more intuitive UI. And they also listen to their customers. 

So here are my suggestions (here me out):

1. Full and unrestricted compatibility with third-party launchers especially when it comes to Android 11’s navigation and gestures. (Samsung is well documented and notoriously known to restrict some features w/ Android 11’s gestures and navigations)

2. A far better way to hide apps and then easily finding them later (MIUI/Poco launcher and Oxygen OS launchers does it better and in many ways also secure. Some third-party launchers has the ability but read #1 again please)

3. A phone launched 6 months ago SHOULD and MUST have a lower price by now and by at least £200 off to counter the competition. The trade-in inclusive devices and values have seemingly slightly improved since last year but it could be better by including Xiaomi devices. 

4. A cleaner, more stock-looking One UI. The icons shapes and icons themselves look "childish" and outdated. UPDATE for more personalization by allowing the ability to install third-party icon packs, changing icon sizes, shapes, appearance, etc. 

5. A higher pixel count on the selfie cameras backed up by HDR+, ultrawide lens, autofocus (not fixed focus) and resolution up to 4K/30fps with EIS.

6. A higher quality pre-installed thin plastic screen protector on ALL devices.

7. A physical capacitive side-mounted or rear-mounted fingerprint sensor to the A-line and well optimised, ultrafast, on-screen optical fingerprint sensor for the S & Fold line.

8. Various updates (cameras, battery life, general performance, etc.) based on actual customer feedbacks. 

Xiaomi has overtaken you in the Europe and the UK. I think it is time you implement massive changes to your device hardware, software, pricing, etc. 

Samsung needs to change with the times.

As an Android user of 11 years I feel extremely serious about these things above.

PLEASE MAKE IT SO. 

Cheers. 

22 REPLIES 22
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Well in my experience the S21 Ultra (I'm guessing all others in the range too) fingerprint scanner has been nothing short of exceptional. I have multiple fingers set and all register perfectly near 100% of the time. Compared to all my previous Samsung and non Samsung devices, it's been the best by far. Be good if they bring it to the midrange line ups too, but you get what you pay for I guess. I don't disagree with you on price value now though, competition has ramped up vastly over the years and Samsung need to keep up with the value propositions.
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

I'm planning on either the S21+ 5G or the upcoming S21 FE 5G; if the latter doesn't pushes through i may get the A52s 5G. 

When I had the S20 FE 4G it had 3 software updates in a span of 4 months and all of them did not improved the speed & accuracy of the sensor.

So, do i choose optical or ultrasonic? A brand-new "premium mid-ranger" like the A52s 5G or a slightly older but current flagship such as the S21+ 5G? 

0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

I will try Good Luck and will get back to you.

But If i ask you what third-party launcher is best with a Galaxy A or S line right now? (in terms of hiding apps and compatibility with Android 11 gesture navigation).

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I don't know a lot about third-party launchers to answer that question, but maybe try Nova launcher? I've heard that literally has the ability to customise ANYTHING. Hope this helps! 😁
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

MY problem now is i don't have a phone to try on the features of Good Lock. Even with a tablet like the S6 the customisations seems limited. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hmm... tricky situation you are in. Honestly, best bet would be to either; use a relative's/friend's Samsung device OR use an emulator like BlueStacks on your PC/laptop to reciprocate this effect 😉. Hope this helps (again)! 😁
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Ok. But can you at least tell me again:

1. Can I change the icons to look or appear like stock Android? (e.g. camera app)

2. Is there a way to hide apps apart from Secure Lock?

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
1) Yes. Using Shortcut Maker.
2) Since Good Lock has limited functionalities for you, probably best bet would be to download a third-party app that achieves this hidden app feature you are looking for 😉. Try looking on websites and reliable tutorials for how to achieve this 😀. Good luck! 👍
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

I don't think Shortcut Maker works in tablets.

I have tried changing the icon shape and appearance but going back to the homescreen it  still looks the same. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
That's really strange... It honestly might have to so with your android version of your tablet, but I do know that the app is compatible with One UI android phones 🤔...