Here I am again in my 100th post giving you my 1000th suggestion and feedback.
Your S21 lineup's sales have dwindled in the past 2 years mainly because of the competition offering better price-for-specs ratio and more intuitive UI. And they also listen to their customers.
So here are my suggestions (here me out):
1. Full and unrestricted compatibility with third-party launchers especially when it comes to Android 11’s navigation and gestures. (Samsung is well documented and notoriously known to restrict some features w/ Android 11’s gestures and navigations)
2. A far better way to hide apps and then easily finding them later (MIUI/Poco launcher and Oxygen OS launchers does it better and in many ways also secure. Some third-party launchers has the ability but read #1 again please)
3. A phone launched 6 months ago SHOULD and MUST have a lower price by now and by at least £200 off to counter the competition. The trade-in inclusive devices and values have seemingly slightly improved since last year but it could be better by including Xiaomi devices.
4. A cleaner, more stock-looking One UI. The icons shapes and icons themselves look "childish" and outdated. UPDATE for more personalization by allowing the ability to install third-party icon packs, changing icon sizes, shapes, appearance, etc.
5. A higher pixel count on the selfie cameras backed up by HDR+, ultrawide lens, autofocus (not fixed focus) and resolution up to 4K/30fps with EIS.
6. A higher quality pre-installed thin plastic screen protector on ALL devices.
7. A physical capacitive side-mounted or rear-mounted fingerprint sensor to the A-line and well optimised, ultrafast, on-screen optical fingerprint sensor for the S & Fold line.
8. Various updates (cameras, battery life, general performance, etc.) based on actual customer feedbacks.
Xiaomi has overtaken you in the Europe and the UK. I think it is time you implement massive changes to your device hardware, software, pricing, etc.
Samsung needs to change with the times.
As an Android user of 11 years I feel extremely serious about these things above.
PLEASE MAKE IT SO.
I'm planning on either the S21+ 5G or the upcoming S21 FE 5G; if the latter doesn't pushes through i may get the A52s 5G.
When I had the S20 FE 4G it had 3 software updates in a span of 4 months and all of them did not improved the speed & accuracy of the sensor.
So, do i choose optical or ultrasonic? A brand-new "premium mid-ranger" like the A52s 5G or a slightly older but current flagship such as the S21+ 5G?
I will try Good Luck and will get back to you.
But If i ask you what third-party launcher is best with a Galaxy A or S line right now? (in terms of hiding apps and compatibility with Android 11 gesture navigation).
Ok. But can you at least tell me again:
1. Can I change the icons to look or appear like stock Android? (e.g. camera app)
2. Is there a way to hide apps apart from Secure Lock?
I don't think Shortcut Maker works in tablets.
I have tried changing the icon shape and appearance but going back to the homescreen it still looks the same.