Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 and One UI SUggestions

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 10:59 AM)
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Dear Samsung,

Here I am again in my 100th post giving you my 1000th suggestion and feedback.

Your S21 lineup's sales have dwindled in the past 2 years mainly because of the competition offering better price-for-specs ratio and more intuitive UI. And they also listen to their customers. 

So here are my suggestions (here me out):

1. Full and unrestricted compatibility with third-party launchers especially when it comes to Android 11’s navigation and gestures. (Samsung is well documented and notoriously known to restrict some features w/ Android 11’s gestures and navigations)

2. A far better way to hide apps and then easily finding them later (MIUI/Poco launcher and Oxygen OS launchers does it better and in many ways also secure. Some third-party launchers has the ability but read #1 again please)

3. A phone launched 6 months ago SHOULD and MUST have a lower price by now and by at least £200 off to counter the competition. The trade-in inclusive devices and values have seemingly slightly improved since last year but it could be better by including Xiaomi devices. 

4. A cleaner, more stock-looking One UI. The icons shapes and icons themselves look "childish" and outdated. UPDATE for more personalization by allowing the ability to install third-party icon packs, changing icon sizes, shapes, appearance, etc. 

5. A higher pixel count on the selfie cameras backed up by HDR+, ultrawide lens, autofocus (not fixed focus) and resolution up to 4K/30fps with EIS.

6. A higher quality pre-installed thin plastic screen protector on ALL devices.

7. A physical capacitive side-mounted or rear-mounted fingerprint sensor to the A-line and well optimised, ultrafast, on-screen optical fingerprint sensor for the S & Fold line.

8. Various updates (cameras, battery life, general performance, etc.) based on actual customer feedbacks. 

Xiaomi has overtaken you in the Europe and the UK. I think it is time you implement massive changes to your device hardware, software, pricing, etc. 

Samsung needs to change with the times.

As an Android user of 11 years I feel extremely serious about these things above.

PLEASE MAKE IT SO. 

Cheers. 

22 REPLIES 22
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Regarding the installation of third-party icon packs on One UI, there is a workaround to this (which I thought of 😉). See my post below to help with this 😎.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/how-to-use-icon-packs-on-one-ui/td-p/396228...

Plus, if having an issue with navigation and gestures, try download the Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store and that should ease your pain 😉.
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

So, may i ask what does the Good Lock feature do or allow you to do?

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
A WHOLE ton of customisation; features that will take your Samaung device to the next level (I know, cheesy, but it's true)! Gestures, buttons, home screen personalisation, keyboard personalisation; you name it, Good Lock has it lol. It's got the Samsung seal stamped on it and is better than any third-party app out there for your customisation needs 😉. Seriously, try it out! I'm using it and helps greatly with utilising my device to its best, possible potential 👌.
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

As i have mentioned above i need my Samsung to look like stock Android (icon shapes & appearance) and the ability to hide apps similar to MIUI/Poco or Oxygen OS and not via Samsung's rubbish Secure Folder. 

The instructions you gave me in changing the icons does not seem to work. on my Galaxy Tab S6 anyway. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
That's strange... my cousin has a Galaxy Tab S6 and I did exactly that, as linked in the post above. So... I'm not sure as to why it doesn't work for you 🤔.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Not sure why you'd want an on screen optical fingerprint scanner when Samsung use a far superior Ultrasonic scanner already.
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

I don't know either. And my Tab S6 is unlocked and all apps and One UI have been updated to the latest version.

So, tell me can i change the look of my icons with Goof Lock? Yes or No?

Can I hide my apps similar to MIUI or Oxygen OS i.e. swiping to a homescreen or location to access those hidden apps? Yes or No?

0 Likes
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

The phone that I wanted (A52 5G and the new A52s5 5G) both have optical scanners. 

I could go for the S21+ 5G which has the ultrasonic ones but for me what matters is real life usage and application. It's no good watching it on video but it has to be as quick as my older OnePlus phones and the physical buttons of my Mi11 Lite 5G. 

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Look of your icons: Use Shortcut Maker and refer to my post. I'll summarise it in short here:
1) Download Shortcut Maker from the Play Store.
2) Download an icon pack that you would like to use.
3) In Shortcut Maker, go to Apps, then touch an app. Now, go to Icons and look at the choice of icon variants available. Choose it from the icon pack you downloaded OR you can forgot downloading an icon pack and just go with a stock icon image that they have in their repository 😎.

Regarding accessing hidden apps, nothing can do what you want, unless you get third-party launcher. Currently, the way to access/hide Samaung apps are as follows:
Swipe Up > Click three dots > Hide apps.
Once apps are hidden, they won't be on the apps screen and you won't be able to search for them, using the search bar 😃. Hope this helps! 😉