Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 5G - randomly turning on & off

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 06:38 PM)
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

I have a S21 5G, it’s only just 14 months old.  In the last month, just after a couple of software updates the phone has started turning itself off randomly.  I’ve had a Samsung doorstep technician look at the phone today, and said it was a software issue.  He handed me the phone, told that the diagnostics said the phone had shut down 24 times in the last month and that there were no hardware issues.  He said that the phone “should” be ok now.   Within 5 mins of him leaving and part way through setting the phone back up, it shut itself down and the proceeded to do this a further 6 times throughout the set up and restoring my data.

There is no rhyme or reason of when the phone shuts down, it’s no particular app, no particular function.  

Has anyone else been experiencing this with their S21?. 

7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @LuLu37 ,

I am sorry to hear that this is still occurring after our engineer check this out. would you be able to place the phone in Maintenance mode and see if the issue persists? You can find how to do this here: http://lcx.me/?X7xAw

0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

That’s already been done and it’s still persists.  When will Samsung acknowledge there is an issue since the last two updates and issue a fix.  

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for giving this a try. In this case I think that may be worthy sending our developers an Error Report to get this looked at. If this is down to a software issue they will be able to get this resolved on future upgrades.

To do this head to the Samsung Members app> Get help> Error reports (please make sure to replicate the issue then file the report within 5-10minutes of the issue occurring, please provide a timestamp if possible).

Once here toggle on 'Send system log data' (if not already toggled on), you will notice a notification at the top that indicates logs are being captured, this means any issues occurring in the background of the software our engineers can locate these and let us know the next steps.

Please allow time for this notification to change to indicate they have been captured. Now fill in your report, please include examples of the issue if possible by hitting the paper clip in the top right corner. Make sure to fill in as much detail as possible and send this off, we will then have our engineers check these over for you.

Please add any screenshots or screen recordings by hitting the paperclip in the top right, this can help us understand your issue further.

Egg1
Voyager
Options
Yes, I have same issues since update.
Tried all the fixes.
Report every crash via automatic error reporting on members.
This has gone on a while now, with various explanations including it's just a case of waiting for updates.

Looks more like a deliberate act to cause people to look at upgrading to S23.
0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

@TessM rather than us reporting these issues, which doesn’t seem to be helping, perhaps your developers should come onto this forum and just see how many people are being affected by this issue.  How can I possibly send screen shots of a phone shutting down and restarting!?!  Thankfully my phone is still within your 24 month warranty, so if the issue is not resolved, I will be exercising my legal right under the warranty to have a new phone supplied as the current one is not fit for purpose.    So much of our lives are now contained within our phones, we need to be able to trust the devices and those that keep them updated.  I’ve had Samsung phones for years but am now considering going to the other side and switching to iPhone! 

Scarecrowson
Student
Options

Yes, I have same issues since update.

Tried all the fixes.

Report every crash via automatic error reporting on members.

This has gone on a while now, with various explanations including it's just a case of waiting for updates. They never give direct answer.

0 Likes
Members_E17Q2fI
Apprentice
Options

I have same issues with my S22+, also after updates... sometimes works 1 day, sometimes take hours off/on before on... sometimes when setting wifi on or off the phone shut down... I want to do a reset before bringing to repair but since 2 hours the phone is going on/off... Why Samsung does not make an update since many people have this issue.. ps: I was informed repairing time will be around 1 month......

0 Likes