Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 5G overheating.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 08:27 AM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

This problem has now occurred quite a few times on my new Samsung S21 5G, notably just 15 mins ago.

I was only on WhatsApp video call for a total of 10 minutes.

First the phone started to feel a little warmer, so I removed the phone case, then a few minutes later whilst I was browsing the Amazon App (which was the only other app I had open), my multi-window closed because the phone was too hot.

I am out of direct sunlight.

My brightness is less than 20%.

I only had 2 apps open.

And I had no case on.

My phone was not charging and I have the latest software update.

I have also now performed 2 soft resets.

My data, location and Bluetooth were off too.

Can you please advise?

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.

17 REPLIES 17
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you use smartswitch or Just from scratch?

If used smartswitch, I would try a full reset and start as a new phone with manually adding everything and see if it changes anything.

failing that report to Samsung.
0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
I reported this to Samsung yesterday
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I've been having heating issue since day one of release. had it replaced by EE with a brand new one following day on Sunday and it's the same problem with the new one. it's usually the camera, or multitasking few basic apps or hot-spot turned on. it's usually the top half of phone overheating to the point it's burning my hand. also the metal bezels are ridiculously hot. the camera doesn't work when it get hot.
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
^agreed, I have had the phone since last Thursday (28th Jan 2021), and the problem has persisted ever since
Albertkup
Student
Options
same problem to me, do anyone hear a little knocking in camera area then you shaking your phone?
0 Likes
ciggis71
Apprentice
Options
take it bk to shop..
0 Likes
Mus101
Apprentice
Options
Did you get a response from Samsung? I've had the same issues with two of them now, can this issue be resolved by a software update or is it a hardware issue?
0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
they said they haven't had any reports of if, liars, but said if they do get enough reports they will look into it, they just made me clear cache on camera and Google play services but didn't make any difference
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options
same problem here phone never gets much below 36c and I was downloading genshin impact a little nothing else just literally downloading and occasionally checking the web/messages phone hit 53c
0 Likes