Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of Samsung Phone Camera

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 07:14 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Things I would like Samsung to do with their Phone cameras. 

1. Ditch the High Megapixel Nonsense and stick with may be an Awesome 30 MP as max and improve its algorithm for an Awesome photo for the same.

The 108 MP is just a waste of resources and is more of a gimmick past the 30x and not to mention the phone getting hot to process it.

2) As above spend resources on improving current 3x and 10x camera modules and give us choice which lens to use instead of auto switching.

I hope samsung follows google and Apple in this department as Algorithms is key and not crazy Megapixel nonsense. 

3. Please bring back the Variable Aperture from the S9 series .That would be Awesome with the optical 3x and 10x.

Thoughts and additions welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I would hope the future of phone cameras is that they use a HIGHLY technical, adjustable single lens that would physically move and adjust its aperture and zooms...getting closer and closer to DSLRs...

I can dream. The S21 ultra is already the most adaptable phone camera I have ever used, still has its weaknesses though. I don't see a the future with 6+ lenses on a phone..1 lens to rule them all!!
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

See...

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Tipped to Use Same Camera System on Galaxy S21 Ultra

https://www.news18.com/news/tech/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-tipped-to-use-same-camera-system-on-galaxy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With the Pixel and Iphone now having cinematic video would love if samsung could give us as well .
0 Likes