Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Screen Mode

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 03:09 AM)
StevenSmith
Journeyman
Options
Hi.  When I am using any of the streaming apps (iplayer,  Netflix,  Prime etc) I have the black bars at the side.  I have gone to the Full Screen Apps option in Settings however there are only three apps listed in the Aspect Ratio page, none of them any of the streaming apps.  If I scroll right to the Camera Cutout page then all my apps are listed.  Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
have you try 2 finger on your screen and stretch it out to make full screen
StevenSmith
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your reply. That seems to work for netflix but not the others. I don't understand why I only have a couple of apps in the Full Screen Apps menu.
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
have you try to see any setting in the app itself, some apps or games are not suitable for full screen, some might need to update the app
0 Likes
StevenSmith
Journeyman
Options
Thanks again. I've tried that too. Could I ask people to have a look at the number of apps that they can toggle Full Screen on or off in the settings and tell me if Netflix, Iplayer and Prime apps are listed. Thanks in advance
StevenSmith
Journeyman
Options
I only have one out of over 500 appsScreenshot_20220217-104605_Settings.jpg
AndrewL
Options

@StevenSmith: Can you try heading to the Camera Cutout tab, and toggling off any apps you want to show in full screen? It may be the case that the 2 options are conflicting with one another, so any apps you've selected to hide the camera cutout can't be shown in full screen. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
StevenSmith
Journeyman
Options
Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid it hasn't made a difference. I take it the screenshot I've included is not what you are seeing? Do you have more apps on that screen? Also, I don't have toggles. I press the app and it gives the various options. I remember it having toggles before but that may have changed since version 12 update
Doc_82
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I only had two apps on the list for full screen/app default, but since I restarted the phone, I don't even have one app listed. And even when 2 apps were listed, they were only under the default list and had no tabs next to them. Were you able to get this problem resolved?

annepqn
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! I just got off a 2-hour chat with Samsung and they said "go to a service location and speak to a technician! I only have 5 apps listed under Aspect Ration and over 100 under Hide Camera. This is so frustrating! I even contacted the app developer for the app I am most interested in casting full screen. This is definitely a Samsung problem. I am just so glad to see I am not the only one. Thanks for posting.