Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free buds...Offer not being honoured

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 07:19 PM)
krem
Journeyman
Options
I purchased Samsung s21 ultra today on the main website and at some point during my purchase I had a message saying I could claim free earbuds by coming on this app. When I put  my date of purchase in the the claim form it said invalid. I have just had a video chat with a customer service person who says that despite advertising on website and advice during checkout this isn't going to be honoured and apparently I'm not the first person today. Way to go Samsung.
6 REPLIES 6
stevenh220916
Apprentice
Options
It was only valid until yesterday, you would have had to purchase them yesterday to claim within the next 30 days
0 Likes
krem
Journeyman
Options
I understand that's what it says but it's still says you can get free earbuds when you purchase them today. how am I meant to know that it has run out when it says you can get them . also advised me to come to this app during checkout today.

Screenshot_20210226-191027_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Did you still get the 15% off that they are offering. Your not meant know, they should update there website and remove it. Not everyone can see the small print.
0 Likes
krem
Journeyman
Options
Thank you Fiona, I did get it. I would I would understand if I was the first person to contact them and they made a gesture of some sort but apparently I'm not the first person . Sort it out.. I have been a Samsung person for years but this has a bad taste.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
unfortunately... although it is the fault of the Samsung website... the buds date did finish yesterday. The 15% weekend deal is in replacement of the deal... not as well as the buds.

we had a conversation earlier on the group about this... I had some disbelief that samsung would offer both a 15% discount and free buds... and it sounded way too good to be true. Together that is the best part of a £400 discount !

in the terms it is apparent it states purchase by 25th Feb... although it seems the samsung website is slow to remove this information off the website. it is even still on there now, mentioning free buds.

it is misleading, although my suspicions of 'too good a deal' would have made me read the T and Cs... as soon as you look at the small print, it states the end of the buds promo of 25th Feb.

I am sorry for your experience... although like you say...there will be a whole load more complaints over the samsung website and its inaccurate information.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-15-off/td-p/2956089

kind regards
Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
aa68
Voyager
Options
it's only free if you bought it before the 25th however you can claim until 30 days after purchase that is why the valid is still up
0 Likes