Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten lock screen pattern

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 10:05 PM)
AdsAfz
Apprentice
Options

I've recently purchased a Samsung S21 and use my fingerprint to unlock and use my phone.

However, I have forgotten the lock screen pattern which is needed if I were to switch the phone off/on.

My fear is that if my phone were to be reset of turned off, it would become inaccessible. 

Any ideas on how I can change/remove the pattern? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

One extreme option @AdsAfz is to log into your Samsung Account on a computer and look at resetting that way.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Go into settings and turn off pattern see if that works.
0 Likes
AdsAfz
Apprentice
Options
Can you please provide instructions on how to do this? Everything I try requires me to enter the current pattern first.
0 Likes
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Go on YouTube type in can't remember pattern on android. There is a video with a code on it that will show you how to change it or turn pattern off. Just looked and you can't change in settings.
0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

One extreme option @AdsAfz is to log into your Samsung Account on a computer and look at resetting that way.

AdsAfz
Apprentice
Options
I'll give it a go, thanks but why is this considered extreme?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Because it resets your login credentials and you'll have to reset them back up.

0 Likes
AdsAfz
Apprentice
Options
This worked perfectly. Once I logged in, it was pretty explicit that this was the method to use.

Google, YouTube and Samsung Support did not point to this method.
Drago IT
First Poster
Options

I hope im not to late to the party but I was lucky to find that we both have the same problem well was, Im currently at my samsung account would you mind helping me how do i reset so that I can get rid of my screen lock? atm my cooldown is at 5 hours and Im really in a tight spot. Hopefully any of yall could help or see this. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Drago IT , Hopefully, you got there in the end! But just in case you didn't: Samsung account webpage (https://account.samsung.com/membership/intro ) > sign in; and then once you're in: Devices > Find My Mobile. Select the relevant device from the list, and then ‘Unlock’ and enter your Samsung account password. As BandOfBrothers said, doing it that way will delete all of the screen lock information (Pattern, PIN, Password, and Biometrics) on your phone so you'll need to set that all up again.

0 Likes