Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts automatically has changed in WhatsApp!

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 09:00 AM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just updated my android to version 13 One UI 5.0 and my fonts in WhatsApp has changed to thinner text. It use to be more bolder font. Has any1 noticed this as well after the update? I know only size of fonts can be changed in WhatsApp, and I've always had Choco cooky font with bold turned on in my phone settings.
8 REPLIES 8
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
If I change my font in phone settings to any other font, eg, "Gothic bald" or "Samsung one", And bold is turned on it goes back to normal in WhatsApp which was bold fonts,but as soon as I put it back to "choco cooky" font style with bold turned on the fonts change to that font style in WhatsApp but the bold doesn't!! I'm stumped! Isn't WhatsApp app accepting choco cooky style with bold anymore?
GKTRK
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my A52s. Bold fonts do not apply to Whatsapp. Some fonts works but most of them are not. I factory reseted my device after the Android 13 and UI 5.0 update and reinstalled my apps. Even after the clean installation I have these problems and couldn't find a solution yet.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Angelo005 @GKTRK: Please can you try opening WhatsApp > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chats > Chat settings > Font size, and adjust this accordingly to see if you're able to return the font to your preferred size/style? 

0 Likes
GKTRK
Apprentice
Options

Hello Andrew, at that section of Whatsapp there is only font size adjustment is available as you know. Bold font setting is only available at phones Settings section. If you select bold font, it applies to all applications. In current situation, only exception is Whatsapp. This is the problem.

Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi. It never used to be a problem with WhatsApp. Bold font used to be shown (if it's on in the phone settings). Bold font disappeared after the last android update! It's also disappeared from some other app! But... only if the font is set to Choco Cooky!! If it's set to Gothic bold, then bold font is back on all apps.......
Rana46
First Poster
Options

Reset assibility setting it works

0 Likes
Members_XJlkjDa
First Poster
Options

i noticed too

how can i get it back?

0 Likes
Dhruvil Shah
First Poster
Options

Facing the same problem, were you able to solve it?

0 Likes