Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

First time trading in for S21

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 08:25 AM)
THEQMAN
Journeyman
Options

I've just pre-ordered the S21 and chose the option to trade in my phone. Apparently Samsung will send pre paid packaging to put my phone in but where do I go from there because I've read something receiving a FedEx return label by email.

Can anyone walk me through the process? 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
THEQMAN
Journeyman
Options

So can if I were to use dpd am I able to drop off to a pick up store

0 Likes
iamdarren
Pioneer
Options
I don't think it would matter if you use the same address, but royal mail labels came with mine and I dropped to local shop with a post office was really simple
0 Likes
THEQMAN
Journeyman
Options
How long did it take for samsung to get back to you
0 Likes
Solution
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

They will usually send you the plastic bag an labels to send the phone back after you have received your new phone, they then give you 14 days to actually transfer everything over to your new phone and then package the old phone up and return it to them.

You can check the return of the phone status online and if there is any problems they will email to let you know (as last time there was a glitch that said they hadn't received the phone when they had, but a quick email to Samsung sorted the situation out)

"

NEXT STEPS...

You should have received a Samsung Switching Programme return pack soon after you got your new Samsung device. Please use this to send us your old Galaxy S8 Plus - G955F. If you haven't received the return pack please use the link below and another will be sent out you to.

RETURN PACK...

Your return pack will include freepost packaging for your old device and instructions on how to post it back to us.

Follow the simple postage instructions and send us your device within 14 days.

Upon receipt our experts will check your device and an email will be sent to you confirming that your switch is complete."

This is part of the email they send you and like I said you can track everything online as they give you a tracking number.

THEQMAN
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the help 👍
0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options
http://www.samsungrecycle.co.uk/
This is the website that deals with the returns