Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 09:46 AM)
KaiSC
Student
Options
Fingerprint does not work properly on my S21 Ultra. Has this happened to anyone? It doesn't recognise my fingerprint. I deleted it and tried to register it again but it doesn't even read my finger print. Can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try clicking on the get help button
At the bottom of the samsung members page and run a diagnostic test Finger print
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Hello... I know this won't help with your query but I just wanted to add a tip that I add several fingerprint scans to make it work better. I sometimes had failed attempts when I did just the one scan... After doing a couple more of the same finger... it always works.

Just a tip for other readers if interested.

Xsteveuk suggestion will pinpoint if there's a fault with your reader but I think that would be very rare.
AndrewL
Options

@KaiSC: Adding multiple fingerprints is certainly am effective way of combatting this issue. If you head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Fingerprints > Add Fingerprint, you can add multiple options to improve the efficiency of the feature, and use the 'Check Added fingerprints' option to ensure they've scanned successfully. In the meantime, head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > More Biometrics Settings > Biometrics Security Patch, to ensure that you're on the latest version. Also, if you're using a screen protector, head to Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity > On to improve the sensitivity of the screen. 

KaiSC
Student
Options
Thanks for the suggestion guys unfortunately, nothing still works. I've been using it for a year now and then suddenly it didn't recognise my fingerprint. So I deleted my fingerprints and tried to register new ones but for some reason, the sensor would not read my fingerprint or rather it keeps telling me to "cover the whole sensor" even though I am!
I've tried with and without screen protector. Still no luck
0 Likes