Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint operation cancelled

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 11:46 AM)
Originalposter
Apprentice
Options

Just installed the latest update to Android 13 and one UI 5.0. I have the S21 FE.

My stored fingerprints were lost or corrupted somehow but I cant register new ones as the process gets to about 95% then says fingerprint operation cancelled. I tried resetting to 12 but the same thing was happening. So im just stuck not being able to use the sensor (which was a really useful feature for logging in to various apps).

Anyone having the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Delete all stored fingerprints and reboot. Then take your time and input them again. But make sure you have a second login or you could be locked out of your phone.
0 Likes
Originalposter
Apprentice
Options

there are no stored fingerprints and a reboot doesnt help. 95% is as far as it gets before stopping regardless of finger or anything else

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi, I have the Samsung s20 ultra, and I use fingerprints all the time and I have not had any issues when I moved to android 13 ui 5 it worked the same as before. Thanks
0 Likes
Jen16levs
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I tried to delete stored finger print and reboot again yet nothing happened

0 Likes
Yokesh
First Poster
Options

Yes still not clear even after few updates completed..showroom people saying to change display is only solution..idk is ultra sonic fingerprint can't replaceable ..isnt it?

0 Likes
Yokesh
First Poster
Options

You got any update on fingerprint problem.

0 Likes
Selonianth
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have any headway on this? I just had to have my battery replaced and when I went to redo my fingerprints it's giving operation canceled before I can even try.

Originalposter
Apprentice
Options
I should have given an update that the last update seems to have righted the issue and I can now finally use my finger print scanner again.
Samsung now has yet another update ready and I'm avoiding it for the time being as I'm terrified it will set me back again
0 Likes
Brighton phiri
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20231114_124054.jpg