Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finger print scanner not working

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 04:15 PM)
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
Hi guys.

Just installed a glass screen protector and now the in screen finger print scanner does not work. Does anyone know if this is a problem with all phones with in screen scanners as it won't even read to do a new finger print.

Thanks 

44 REPLIES 44
Bt32
Voyager
Options
What kind of protector? It'll work but not as good with UV glue glass protectors but not the ones that don't fully stick to the display.
0 Likes
Sunni1931
Student
Options
You may find this is the case when a glass protection is installed. I find they take away the sensitivity because the screen protector is thick but try going to settings-display-touch sensitivity and make sure it's set to yes. Hopefully that should increase the sensitivity. Hope this helps!
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
hi I have just tried this and still no luck thanks anyway!
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
hi by the looks of it the one I have got sticks with optical silicone adhesive and apparently had 4 different layers I think this may be causing the issue
Sunni1931
Student
Options
Oh no!! no problem. Hope you find a resolution.
0 Likes
Krazeh
Explorer
Options

What's the name of the protector you're using?

0 Likes
Russ1990
Explorer
Options
not sure of the name was pretty cheap only like £3 so might be better of spending a bit more? you got any suggestions?
0 Likes
Krazeh
Explorer
Options

I've used nothing but Whitestone Dome protectors on my last several phones. They're not cheap, but are worth the cash imo. And they work just fine with the finger print scanner.

ghosty
Voyager
Options
increase touch sensitivity then delete old fingerprints and re-scan. if you can't re-scan your fingerprints then your glass screen is not compatible with the ultrasonic fingerprint reader on the phone. not all glass screens will work, you might have to wait for people to test different glass on the new models..