Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finger print recognition

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 08:29 AM)
Burner324
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else find that their finger print recognition is very poor for opening phone screen? I'm mostly using my number code which is frustrating 
13 REPLIES 13
Jennatheraven
First Poster
Options
Yes I am and it's driving me mad. I've got the Note 20 Ultra and I came from the Google Pixel 4a which was lightning fast.
Its honestly the only thing that let's this phone down.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you added more then one finger print. Scanning the same finger twice can help with better response. I have added 2 and it opens pretty well for me.
0 Likes
Burner324
Journeyman
Options
Even the face recognition is ultra slow!
0 Likes
Burner324
Journeyman
Options
Got my left and right thumb assigned and neither work. Right is sometimes better but most often it times me out and I have to use pin code
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You can add up to 4 fingerprints. Reset your fingerprints and scan both thumbs twice. See if it improves once you've scanned both twice using all 4 finger prints.
Shabba1
Pioneer
Options
Yes and I have a post on this....do you have a screen protector on
0 Likes
Burner324
Journeyman
Options
Yes I have a protector on
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I came from the note 20 ultra using a tempered glass screen protector also. I scanned my finger twice moving the finger at different angles helps.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've found the S21 Ultras reader the best I've ever used. It's both fast and accurate. Works flawlessly with all 4 fingers I've set up. I think the key is upon setting up your fingerprint to make sure you make use of the larger sensor area, try to scan all over your fingerprint.