Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on AUC8 new version of software...s21ultra

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 10:05 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
It is early days since updating earlier today to AUC8.  

Seems that the camera has re-invented some previous 'issues'. 

If you take a picture with the camera at up to 3x optical zoom...this is taken with the correct lens with optical zoom. 

However if you zoom to between 3 to 10x then you would expect the camera to switch to the periscope lens to benefit from the long focal length and optical zoom between 3 to 10x zoom. 

It doesn't... and actually uses the 3x lens with extra digital zoom. Correct me if I am wrong but this is not expected behaviour ?? 

This is easy to check by placing a finger in front of the expected camera... does this lack of periscope camera also happen to you ?? Perhaps you could test it and let me know ? 

I have also seen higher temperature during 3dmark stress test than at anytime before. 47degC observed during 20 loops. Will give the temperature the benefit of the doubt... and give it a few more days before making any assumptions. 

So far... not over impressed with AUC8 🤨

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
9 REPLIES 9
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Mine overheated today and shut down for the first time using video, shut down after 13 minutes, didn't happen before
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Remember that the 10x is a 4.9 aperture meaning it needs more light and will be sharper.
So would only work in those scenarios.
So we are talking daylight and you would have to be at a certain distance from the subject to focus.

Although I am with you that samsung should let us use whichever lens we want.
But again then noobs would complain why they are getting dark photos.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You also can check in you photo detail which camera was used to shoot by the f number.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I feel the photos seem more sharper in this new build and there seems to be 3 options in portrait mode (I think) and one of it uses the 3 x camera. Or maybe I am dreaming.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for your comments @GoanGeek

I really should learn to use this camera properly... 😂

For me it seemed that the zoom functions were not quite correct but it was during early evening ... the sun was setting ... so perhaps the light levels were a bit low...

I was of the expectation that the zoom should be handled optically with the 10x... but maybe I was wrong 👍

Smiley 😀
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I don't believe the periscope lens is used for anything less than 10x zoom. This would be the nominal operation as far as I understand it. Each lens is dedicated to their respective minimum focal lengths and digitally enhanced up to the next, so using the 3x telephoto lens from 3x to 9.9x is the correct functionality. It's just the same how the main sensor does 1x to 2.9x zoom and the wide angle from 0.6x to 0.9x.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi smiley!

Am loving this new AUC8 update.

Everything is running smoothly and whilst it is too early for me to comment on battery life as I give it 2 or 3 charge/discharge cycles before posting, I can say that it will be no worse than the previous AUBB update.

No lags. No overheating. The new baseband/modem is an improvement on signal strength by about -6 or -8 dBm. 

Like the camera improvements and particularly the portrait mode to take pictures using the main camera.

All I did after receiving the update was the usual steps to wipe the phone's cache partition in Recovery and used the Galaxy App Booster in Galaxy Labs to boost app performance. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options
New update for April, with camera and device performance improvements, 1140.64 MB. Big update! Will note what I notice has changed, would love everyone else to do the same on this post! S21 Ultra
0 Likes
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
This latest update has given me back 3gb of storage. Started at 74.5 gb then after update it shows 71.4gb used. I wonder what they've shaved down 🤔
0 Likes