Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February patch

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 04:34 PM)
TomaszDorset
Pioneer
Options
Do you have February patch for s21 series in UK. I still have nothing.
24 REPLIES 24
Jke123
Explorer
Options
As I srtarted typing another update has just been downloaded (build version G998BXXU1AUB6).
That's 3 in about a week so far.
Only info is "Camera stability" but there is obviously something unstable that they are trying to fix.

My main issue is reduced functionality form prior to UI3
0 Likes
TyeDale
Pioneer
Options

Phone  supplied  by Vodafone  uk,galaxy s21  ultra, still no february  update 

0 Likes
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

Got the new release in Germany.  Quick camera tests done. Anecdotally I think I've noticed improvement in Low light photos, black crush and white crush (is that a thing? Anyway I noticed before that very white objects would loose detail and that's better now). Cool. I never had heat or battery problems before so I can't judge that.

0 Likes
Spewy
Explorer
Options
The latest update has fixed the battery issues in fact I think Samsung have sprinkled magic dust on my s21 as I am now getting double the battery life, yesterday I got 6hrs 37mins sot (auto brightness) with 6% left. More than happy with that.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There have been 2 February updates so far, AUB3 and AUB6.

AUB3 has now been withdrawn because of issues and has been replaced by the AUB6 bugfix and camera improvement release for the S21 series of devices.

The updates are released depending on your device's CSC, (Consumer Software Customization), code. 

Those running devices with non-carrier branded, stock Samsung firmware, have the update rolled out to them first, usually.

Carrier firmware has to be certified by the carriers concerned before it can be released by Samsung and it can take from a few days to a couple of weeks normally before that happens, depending on the carrier.

The CSC codes for the U.K. are...

BTU = stock unbranded Samsung

EVR = EE network

VOD = Vodafone network

O2U = O2 network

H3G = Three network

To locate your devices CSC code, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version... here it will show your CSC code (see screenshot)

v5ZRnSB.png

[EDIT] Have just checked the Samsung servers and to-date, (16.35hrs UTC, 14th Feb:), only the unbranded firmware for CSC code BTU has been released. The same applies to countries worldwide, no carrier branded releases yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1