Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2021 Security Patch S21 series

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 07:16 PM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
The S21 series has started receiving the February 2021 security patch in Hong Kong, nothing of great significance shown, Camera, Bugs, Stability etc. 

5 REPLIES 5
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

G9980 model is the Chinese Snapdragon variant and appears to be based on the global AUAC release in January.

Nothing for the February security patch, yet, on the global, Exynos model, G99*B devices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I know, the G998B model is the one I have, this is from Hong Kong. SoC type rarely makes a difference to updates though, it's more often the model/series. I haven't had any issues with my S21 Ultra ( exynos, of course ) at all, but I'm hoping this will help others that have.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That is only the 2nd update for the Hong Kong, Snapdragon model, since release...

Hong Kong update 2.PNG

Whilst the global, Exynos, models received their 2nd update 10 days ago...

UK update.PNG

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
ahh yes, I've also had 2 already. but I'm still on January patch ( BTU )
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That is because the 2nd global update was released back in January, prior to the Hong Kong release in February. 

Global users should expect an Android Security update and any bug fixes in the near future.