Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 04:47 PM)
Vambo
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Store support.

I paid for a Galaxy S21 Ultra in October, which is now causing me serious issues. It's impossible to use my online banking app, messaging is very difficult and shopping (e.g. Amazon) is pointless. The issue is that every app I try to use, or even just the keyboard on an internet search, defaults back to it's 1st setting. So, searching for something on Amazon. If I even get the chance to enter what I'm looking for without the keyboard resetting the search bar, the page just keeps jumping back to the very start of the search within 10 to 15 seconds. My banking app just clears the page within a few seconds of trying to use it.

I've tried changing the keyboard, Launcher and even waited for One UI 4.0. Nothing has made any difference.

So I've contacted Samsung via their live chat a few times. They've gone through all of their normal fixes without success. I was told that I had to return the phone and someone from the Store was to call between 12 and 1pm today. No phone call!

Back on the chat, gave my reference number and said no one called. I was asked to hold on for a Store "expert", that was 45 minutes ago.

I was given a number to call, but, no doubt, that will keep me hanging on the line for ages and cost me a fortune.

Dear Samsung Management, your UK online Store support is terrible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lot of users who done Smartswitch had errors of you were one of them and if you still have the phone I would suggest a reset and start from scratch with manually installing apps and going from there.

A cloud back of your photos and stuff is recommended before the reset.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you returned the phone to a Samsung Store, go back to that store and hopefully, they can fix the issue you are experiencing 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lot of users who done Smartswitch had errors of you were one of them and if you still have the phone I would suggest a reset and start from scratch with manually installing apps and going from there.

A cloud back of your photos and stuff is recommended before the reset.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Vambo 

If your waiting for someone from the Samsung Online Store to call you to make arrangements for dpd to collect the phone then you can initiate the return yourself instead of waiting for this call by emailing them.

If you do send the phone back then factory reset it, remove your sim card and take some time and date stamped pictures of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition and take one of it turned On too.

Package it up well.

The email address is support@samsunguk.zendesk.com

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Vambo
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I might give that a go
Vambo
Apprentice
Options
Yes, you're right. Callback didn't happen and all I've had since is ***** and excuses. I can have a replacement, but not without being without a phone for two weeks!
0 Likes
Vambo
Apprentice
Options
Well done, Goan Geek. You are right. I backed everything up, removed the SIM, and ran a factory reset. Sure, I lost an app or two, but the phone now seems to be behaving. Thanks for the advice!
Vambo
Apprentice
Options
Big thanks to all of you. You were far more supportive that Samsung have been.