Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Galaxy S21

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 03:11 PM)
Bugster242
Journeyman
Options

So I've had my new samsung phone less than a month and it's already unusable, issues started with major battery drain, tried turning off 5g, battery saver, lowering brightness etc. 

Wife has the the same phone and her battery is amazing compared to mine.

Then I started getting network connection issues, then my phone started to constantly pop up with a message saying check sim card try every 3 seconds or so, and lastly my phone won't even turn on today ! 

Have spoken to samsung and assured me it was under warranty and still within 30 days of purchase for replacement via the retailer. 

My phone is totally dead now and will not charge at all, tried 5 different samsung charger's I have around my house 2 are adaptive chargers as well as 2 super fast charger, even tried a wireless charger.

Curious if anyone else had any issues similar to me ?  

S21  128gb model UK  

No water damaged, not dropped or anything of the sort. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
so have you sent it in for a replacement?, guessing you were just unlucky and got a faulty device or your wife did so she swapped it with yours🤣
Bugster242
Journeyman
Options

😂 Different colours fortunately 

Waiting for return postage to arrive so I can send it back for the replacement :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: is there still a backlog for orders ? had to wait a while for my phone to arrive last time :S 

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
ah ok😅.I'm not sure about backlog,I got mine through network provider.
I have heard that certain models of the ultra (which is what I have) are out of stock,I couldn't get the 256gb version.
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

if you have had it for less than 14 days you should ask for a device swap, it looks like you got a faulty one.

In reply to tinglish: there is a severe shortage of components (since 2020) this first hit gpus, then started to hit the automotive industry and industrial applications. It looks like that now also smartphones are going to be hit since smd and chip production is being forced onto critical applications and not mainstream stuff.

Also one of the biggest producers of smd in the world has stated that they are having a demand that is 70 per cent higher than their max production capapabilities (keep in mind that if the demand is just 20 per cent higher than max there will be a shortage so you can imagini with 70..)

Add to that that most tmsc wafers are being redirected to critical applications even though where already booked by others (cut of amd wafer, apple too ect..) and that there is severe draught in taiwan and water in now rationed and tmsc produces energy via water because it uses hydrogen reactors and they have been hoarding water tanks from foreign state to manage to keep a minimum level of production.

Luckily the situation sould get better in 2022 in the best case scenario XD

Archer
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
thanks for the information 👍
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

no prob

Archer
Bugster242
Journeyman
Options

Been trying to get hold of a new AMD 6700 xt for a while now 🙈

My rx 580 is in desperate need of a upgrade 😫

Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

put your mind in peace, they are doing an all in with the 6700xt releasing all the cards they have the same day... they do not have much and will fly instantly I wish you luck, but you will probably  not manage to snag one. In that case dust your pc, maybe change your cpu paste if it has been sitting there for 2 or 3 years and live happily with the fact of at least having a gpu (which can play cyberpunk well at high settings despite being a 2016 low end card, basically the best deal ever if you got it in the 2016-2017 period)

Archer
Bugster242
Journeyman
Options

thanks dude, just fitted a few new case fans arctic pwm pst and did my quaterly clean out :face-with-tears-of-joy: !