Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging s21

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 09:16 PM)
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
Anyone else phone not fast charge? 
I've got all the right settings switched on, tried it on my wireless stand and even bought a new fast charging plug/wire but it's never fast charged since I've bought it 
4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition and that should solve the issue 🙂.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @meganlydia Just to clarify it is Fast charging you have an issue with and not Super Fast charging?  Are you using a Samsung charger or an alternative?   The fastest you would be able to charge wirelessly is 15 watt but there is a wired  25 watt Super Fast charger.  If you are only fast charging could try ensuring that just Fast charging and Fast Wireless charging selected.    Superfast Charging needs to be selected if using that option.  

An idea to clean the charging port however as @LiquidSnake  has suggested if still issues it is advisable to wipe the cache partition.   This will delete temporary files but does not affect your Data.

Follow these  steps:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @meganlydia 

If you have a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre close by then they'll be more than happy to take a look at your phone for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Hi for it to do the super fast charging it will only work with the samsung 25w charger, for regular fast charging you just need an adapter that is 15w capable as for wireless charging is always slow but if you use a samsung fast wireless charger it is a bit quicker, hope this helps
0 Likes