Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charge Not Working

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 11:07 AM)
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Hi All 

I updated my S21 yesterday and since then the phone will not fast charge. I have 2 different fast charge plugs and cables and it's same with both. When i 1st plug it in the phone says fast charging 40 mins, after a short while it switches to cable charging 1 hour 10 mins. Anyone else having the same issue?
37 REPLIES 37
gherman222
Journeyman
Options

I determined that the super fast charging is still happening even though the words disappear on the always-on display. Takes about 1 hour to fully charge.

0 Likes
eaglegrad16
Apprentice
Options

Not to sound rude or anything, but that shouldn't be relevant.  The phone's been more problematic than any Samsung I've ever owned. Considering it's been swapped out 4 times over 2021, for known charging, network, and firmware issues. I've had all the Note series, and none of them had the charging or network issues like this phone. 

I'm sorry I ever invested in the S21 Ultra 5G 

eaglegrad16
Apprentice
Options

The S21 ultra 5g has been known for network connection and charging issues since 2021.  Verizon, TMobile, and AT&T  all discontinued the device in late 2021, go figure.  Even BB discontinued it. This supposed high-end class A device turned out not to be for many, after a time. Mine, swapped out 4x bc of numerous issues.  Sorry I ever invested. 

0 Likes
Aluby78
Journeyman
Options

I experienced exactly the same situation! Still not fixed.

0 Likes
Zoe Han
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! I turn on "Fast Charging" but it doesn't work. It takes the same amount of time for no fast charging!

Only "Super Fast Charging" works! & I don't want to use it; not all the time at least.

Wonder why that happened! My charger is original, It is the 25 watt charger released from Samsung when S21 Ultra was released; the same phone I have. 

p.s. I don't even use my phone while charging. 

What a silly issue. I'm I buying a flagship phone with 1000$ to get such problems? 

gakyi
Student
Options

have had this same problem for many months now. personally, i think many of these complicated solutions may be missing the point. i think for me, it is simply a connection problem in the charging port -- the hole -- in the phone. i know with my previous phone, the port became clogged with dust and i had to constantly clean it with a pin. now, even though fast charging does not work, i have to keep cleaning it and can barely get it to stay in "charging" mode. these phones used to come with a little plug to close the hole when not in use, but i think they realized no one ever used it.

0 Likes
noelvalenti
Student
Options

I am with you.  I have had a Galaxy every year since the S3, and this s21 Ultra is by far the least reliable. I have this charging problem now (since an update). The main camera sensor won't focus anymore (2 months out of warranty and Samsung won't fix it). I have bought so many products over the years (washing machines, TVs, sound systems, wearables) and I currently use a Galaxy Book 360 and S7+ tablet, but no more Samsung products for me. I think they are focusing too much on the mid-range now. 

0 Likes
Brad1999
First Poster
Options

Same thing is happening to me  samsung please fix

0 Likes
Eck1955
Navigator
Options
Yes I have the same problem
0 Likes
eaglegrad16
Apprentice
Options

Not to mention since the latest June and Aug updates, the battery is worse.  Now its down to 65% by lunchtime.  I am so over Samsung phones no joke.

0 Likes