Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charge Not Working

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 09:32 PM)
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Hi All 

I updated my S21 yesterday and since then the phone will not fast charge. I have 2 different fast charge plugs and cables and it's same with both. When i 1st plug it in the phone says fast charging 40 mins, after a short while it switches to cable charging 1 hour 10 mins. Anyone else having the same issue?
37 REPLIES 37
gakyi
Student
Options

can't speak for the rest of you kids, but i am now certain my anger at the Galaxy S-21 phone itself is misguided. in my case, the problem is the USB-C ports -- which suck. the ports get dust in them, the connections get less stable, and after a while, charging gets slower and slower and you have to push the cable really hard into the port.  i was using a USB-C to USB-C cord, which exacerbated the issue -- so i bought a new cord that was a basic *USB* (not C) to USB-C -- and now my phone fast-charges again, as long as i make sure the ports and the cord connections are all dust-free.  also, changng around the "brick" -- the adaptor part that plugs into the wall outlet -- has sometimes helped as well. also, i have found different cords charge better for some reason.  i wish they would come up with a better port than the USB-C -- but then that means we have to change everything all over again [sigh].

by the way -- people over at Apple are complaining that they do NOT have USB-C ports. go figure.

gherman222
Journeyman
Options

Yep, I personally despise USB-C connections. You're spot on - my cords will barely connect forcing me to use wireless charging most of the time.

Stephenmark
Pioneer
Options
i have a strange problem on my samsung galaxy S21 ultra the super fast charging is working fine and the fast charging does not work at all
0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Just a week ago my S21Utra started giving me charging issues. The cable I have been using in the car is a Sony one and worked without issues for almost two years now. Suddenly the phone will pop the slow charging popup message asking me to check the cable and the charger. I have never used fast charging or super fast charging as I do not need it. The regular "normal" charging is fine with me, however, slow charging is something that definitely bugs me. If I replug it, it may work for some time and then again drop to slow charging. I too think that the USB-C is a really bad port type that can and will get a lot of dust/dirt particles that seem to affect the connectivity. Thankfully my contract for the phone expires in a few months, I will definitely be looking for another brand (even Apple) as I am also getting sick with updates being received at the end of their designated month. /end rant

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
gherman222
Journeyman
Options

I also dislike USB-C as mine has a difficult time charging with any cable. I almost have to rely on wireless charging entirely. But now Apple has adopted USB-C so I guess it'll be around for a long while

K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

I just wiped out the cache partition after receiving the September update - still the same slow charging message using a Baseus cable that works perfectly with the Samsung 25W charger. However, when plugged in the car for Android Auto that worked for so long, I still get the dreaded slow charging.

This made me make up my mind and I will not be getting a Samsung device after my contract ends with T-Mobile. Not to mention them trying to bring Exynos for S23.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Another update. My GF S22Ultra started exhibiting the same behavior today and she had a FW update several days ago. I am thinking that SAMSUNG pulled a samdung with their firmware that screws up third-party cables at least. I cannot believe that the cables that used to work do not work anymore. Even when charging from my laptop USB ports used to work - not anymore. 

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

I can only fast/normal charge with the original samsung charger. Nothing else works. Cannot use the usb in the car, cannot use the usb in my L5P, including the usb-c one.

Frigging Samdung and their exploding/swelling batteries to top this off. GL everyone with their device, hope it all goes well for ya

0 Likes