Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charge Not Working

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 06:57 AM)
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
Hi All 

I updated my S21 yesterday and since then the phone will not fast charge. I have 2 different fast charge plugs and cables and it's same with both. When i 1st plug it in the phone says fast charging 40 mins, after a short while it switches to cable charging 1 hour 10 mins. Anyone else having the same issue?
37 REPLIES 37
Cipsius
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have an even weirder situation, my S21U Exynos, is super fast charging with the Samsung 25W brick but when turning off the "super fast charging" option in the menu it is defaulting to normal "cable charge" and not to the "fast charge" one.

Fast charge is working with other Samsung chargers.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Suraj783
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem.  Bought many chargers and cables but didn't solve the problem. 

So what is the root problem?  What is the solution? 

I m desperate. 

Options

Just noticed having the same problem 

Galaxy s21 5g    plug in cable says fast charging then withing 30 secs or so switches to cable charging .

Never a issue before latest update . 

New cables bought and using an original samsung plug . Never an issue before 

Cutaway
Student
Options

Same issue here. This is ridiculous that customers have waste time and money dealing with quality issue.   #ridiculous #shame  #unprofessional

carlov928
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, phone was updated automatically and the fast charging is not working anymore, I have the S21+ bought the wireless charger and it is still not charging fast. Come on Samsung do something about it.

jstubs99
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have the same issue. After the latest two updates (the phone updated twice in a row) fast charge does not work. Hopefully Samsung resolve this in a future update.

Do Samsung ever comment on these forums?

Thanks

gherman222
Journeyman
Options

I bought a super fast charger and it worked great. It was really fast. It said "super fast charging" on the always-on display and gave an estimate of the time. Now, it says "super fast charging" for about 2 seconds, then the words go away and the time remains. In the drop-down notifications, it says "super fast charging," but it's not nearly as fast as it was in the beginning. Another weird thing was my phone was acting like it wasn't plugged in correctly at first with the spinning battery percentage indicator, but it would come and go like it wasn't connected well. Thoughts??

thewalker2k9
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with S21 Exynos. Using the original cable and charger, fast charging is briefly displayed and then vanishes, being replaced by cable charging and a longer charge time. Other combination of (third) party cables or chargers also give the same result. 

0 Likes
TimVermoens
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue!

Bought Galaxy S21plus beginning January. Bought also the new 35W power adapter duo (it has 1 port usbc max 35W and 1 usba max 15W). When using the -c 35W port: with super fast charge enabled, charging at 25W (ok), but when disabling super fast charge option with only fast charge still enabled, it defaults to 'charging with cable' instead of 'fast charging (15W) (nok). I cannot seem to fast charge with the usb-c port! Whereas when using the usb-a port (15W), it does fast charge! So strange! Anyone advice or experiences like this? When could they solve it, or is it really the super fast charger(s)?

Robin Tarox
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue for the same reasons... have you managed to find a solution to this?