What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facial recognition

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 03:58 PM)
Options
Hello I'm using the S21 ultra but have to say that the facial recognition unlocking is terrible. My wife has an iPhone and hers opens up straight away. Mine will keep saying face not recognised...then it will lock so I have to enter my pin. Anyone else experiencing this???
5 REPLIES 5
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
I have an iPhone and it doesn't always unlock and it's depends on the angle. My s22 ultra does the same thing. Please don't worry to much about it. 🙂
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Usually I go outside in good daylight and setup the facial recognition. Doing exactly as instructed.
So far mine works all the time on my S22 Ultra
0 Likes
Options
So when your indoors and try facial recognition it works perfectly then?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@eyeintheskyswdrone: If you've set up a lock screen with Face Recognition, your Galaxy S21 may request your PIN every 24 hours for security purposes, as the feature is considered to be a 'low' security option. It may also request your PIN if 4 hours have passed since using the device, or if the phone has been restarted. If you find that the feature isn't recognising you, please ensure that there is plenty of light in the scene, and you remove any accessories such as hats and glasses. To improve the accuracy of the feature, head to Settings > Biometrics and security > Face Recognition > Add alternative look, and follow the on screen prompts. 

0 Likes
Options
Yeah I know all there is to know about mobiles as I used to sell them, so I know how all the features work. My photo has plenty of light and I'm wearing glasses but I get asked to remove these at around 70% to finish off. My wife has a iPhone and can unlock her phone with it on her lap..
0 Likes