Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Facebook Messenger

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 06:34 PM)
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Is anyone else's Samsung phone send blurry photos/screenshots via Facebook Messenger? I'm constantly being moaned at by family because the screenshots and photos I'm sending are blurry. It never used to happen when I had my S10+ but then out nowhere it started doing it. Now I have the S21 Ultra and it's still happening?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I would try uninstalling FB and messenger and reinstall, especially if had done a smartswitch.
Also a wipe cache.
Although it seem like a known bug as well.

View solution in context

20 REPLIES 20
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
did you do a smart switch from old to new phone? I installed Facebook and messenger from Google play store as seen a lot of posts saying that it's better to not smart switch
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I used smart switch to go from my s10+ to my s21 ultra but I was getting the blurry issue on the s10+ as well?
0 Likes
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
is your photo blurry when taking it?
0 Likes
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
No mate they're always really good 👍I even have the issue when I'm sending screenshots via Facebook Messenger
0 Likes
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I took this photo yesterday and sent it to my Mrs via Facebook messenger so she could put it on her Instagram and it was blurry?

20210226_155843_3094.jpg

0 Likes
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I did a little Google search and something to do with the resolution and saving to phone before sending, I've never come across this yet. I did years ago with the s6 camera playing up and if you shook phone camera would work. not saying its the camera on new phone though
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I thought maybe the camera quality on the s21 ultra was too good for Facebook Messenger to convey when sent via their social platform but I was also having the issue with s10+ so I wasn't sure
0 Likes
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I take my photos in 108mp and they seem to send ok
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I use 3:4 108mp to take 99% of my photos
0 Likes