Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger Photos Blurred

(Topic created on: 26-06-2021 10:31 PM)
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and am having issues when sending photos through Facebook messenger. Whenever I send a photo the recipient receives a lower quality version of the photos, sometimes so blurry it's unrecognisable. I have tried sending over WiFi and cellular but this has not made a difference. I have also tried un-installing and re-installing the app but again this has not worked. Even when the recipient downloads the photo the quality is not like the original on my phone. Any help or suggestions?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I have Facebook HD enabled. The quality through Whatsapp is a lot better than messenger even with Whatsapp compressing it. I will see whats its like tomorrow in work when i send a video to a Iphone & a android phone.

lee815
Pathfinder
Options

At the moment it does seem like messenger is the problem. Done a few experiments today with Iphone, Android, messenger & whatsapp. They all look poor quality through messenger.

0 Likes
yenhao
First Poster
Options

This also happens in my S21 (S888). Specifically, the photos I took are 4032x3024. But when I look into the detail of the photos on Messenger, it becomes 720x960. (Just ignore the inverse order of height and width, this is what Messenger shows.) With photos pasted on Messenger (from Mac OSX), the resolution is 1239x1652 (I guess this is the normal compression?). While image share by Iphone12 can preserve the 3024x4032 resolution.

0 Likes
Gmoney123
Apprentice
Options

Hey mate I feel your pain, I've been trying to solve this since sept last year and cannot find a solution. Tried every single thing in this thread but no result. If you do find a solution please share it w us 👍

0 Likes
nick2164
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same issue, still can not find any solution. Maybe due to Samsung use too much artifacts water paint like to make their photos look good. I jave received photos uploaded to Facebook from iPhones they are all clear not pixelated like those from Samsung. I am very disappointed buying S21. Next phone for me will be an iPhone for sure.

0 Likes
nick2164
Apprentice
Options

Yes i have exactly same issue. Both photos and videos uploaded to Facebook or Messenger look bad on the recipients phones. Not the Facebook problem it is Samsung issue to solve. iPhones have not the same issues at all. All their photos and videos uploaded look good on the recipients phones.

0 Likes
yenhao
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

There is an update for my testing.

As conclusion, all the Android phones experience the same compression, while iPhones are fine. 

Therefore, I think this is the problem of FB and I have reported this issue to FB messenger. However, there is.n9 any reply from FB. Poor Android users...

0 Likes