Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger Photos Blurred

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 01:16 PM)
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and am having issues when sending photos through Facebook messenger. Whenever I send a photo the recipient receives a lower quality version of the photos, sometimes so blurry it's unrecognisable. I have tried sending over WiFi and cellular but this has not made a difference. I have also tried un-installing and re-installing the app but again this has not worked. Even when the recipient downloads the photo the quality is not like the original on my phone. Any help or suggestions?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JessS27  Can you check if you have Data Saver turned on in the Facebook settings?  if not you could   wiping the cache partition to see if that makes a difference.   Another member  was able to fix it by changing  JPEG to PNG. See more detail in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/facebook-messenger/td-p/2970061/page/2 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 I have read all of that thread and none of the suggestions have helped. I think it's due to Facebooks compression of images and I don't know how to fix that

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Just a question when u send over the pictures what megapixels are you using when taking a picture?
0 Likes
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mimo40. I am just using the standard 3:4 ratio on my Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra. So think that's 12MP? I am not using the 108MP mode 

Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Ah ok.. so when you send them the picture can you also view it as well?
0 Likes
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mimo40 when I view the picture in messenger it's clear and crisp like the original photo. It's just the recipient of the photo who doesn't view it clear 

Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm strange one it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss some go through some dont i just tested sent a picture to my brother but i couldn't view it properly as it wasn't loading up. But saying that i took 4 when i took my son to the park and they went through no problems.
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I have the same problem with videos.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Still seems to be an issue and  some of the tips do not work for some,  just checking do those with issues have upload Photos and Videos in HD  enabled in Facebook Settings?  It has been reported  though that Facebook do compress images.  https://www.naturettl.com/upload-photos-facebook-best-quality        

Has anyone noticed if the situation is any better with Whatsapp?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.