Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Facebook messenger blurry selfies

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 05:40 PM)
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I own a NEW Galaxy S21. When I take a selfie from messenger's built-in camera app, the photo seems blurry and the difference is visible before I press the shutter button and after(the preview and final photo are very very different), before I even send the photo to the chat. I've tried clearing cache, data and uninstalling to no avail. Does anyone else have that issue? A colleague, has the exact same Phone and she has never encountered such a problem.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
It is true that 3rd party software pictures are not as good as the normal camera app as its not optimised for all android phones
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

While that's true, it doesn't explain why it happens with my s21 and not my colleague's... 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Have you tried going into a certified samsung store
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I have not, and obviously that is something i wish to avoid considering the costs I might be called to pay. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
But if you do you can figure out what is wrong with the camera
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

That's exactly what I am saying, there is no problem with the camera hardware-wise, because in the default camera app everything works perfectly. It has something specifically to do with FB Messenger. (I have also tried the in-app cameras of Viber and Instagram, both work perfectly as well)

0 Likes