Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook messenger blurry selfies

(Topic created on: 13-07-2022 05:40 PM)
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options

I own a NEW Galaxy S21. When I take a selfie from messenger's built-in camera app, the photo seems blurry and the difference is visible before I press the shutter button and after(the preview and final photo are very very different), before I even send the photo to the chat. I've tried clearing cache, data and uninstalling to no avail. Does anyone else have that issue? A colleague, has the exact same Phone and she has never encountered such a problem.

18 REPLIES 18
Chippy_Muncher
Navigator
Options
It is true that 3rd party software pictures are not as good as the normal camera app as its not optimised for all android phones
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options

While that's true, it doesn't explain why it happens with my s21 and not my colleague's... 

0 Likes
Chippy_Muncher
Navigator
Options
Have you tried going into a certified samsung store
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options

I have not, and obviously that is something i wish to avoid considering the costs I might be called to pay. 

0 Likes
Chippy_Muncher
Navigator
Options
If you do choose to go to a samsung certificated store then you would have expert advice minus the cost of it if the cameras will need to be replaced
0 Likes
Xrhstakos98
Journeyman
Options

That's exactly what I am saying, there is no problem with the camera hardware-wise, because in the default camera app everything works perfectly. It has something specifically to do with FB Messenger. (I have also tried the in-app cameras of Viber and Instagram, both work perfectly as well)

0 Likes
JKA28
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my s22 ang my cousin's flip4

Eryel
Student
Options

Have y'all find the solution to this issue? My friend's S22 plus,my flip4 and my friend's flip 4 doe  the same blurred thing with messenger's selfie.

krismcapdoodles
First Poster
Options

Same with my z flip 4. it's frustrating.