Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facebook crashing

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 07:14 AM)
imanishay123
Apprentice
Options
Hi has anyone else experienced Facebook just crashing out of nowhere and closing on the s21 ultra 
7 REPLIES 7
AliIbrahim
Pioneer
Options
yep. persistent crashes randomly when using Facebook. no correlation to doing a specific task on the Facebook app.

Screenshot_20210204-072138_Device care.jpg

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@imanishay123 

hello

Facebook has been massively updating automatically itself in the background, thus the closing of the app

turn off your automatic update as Facebook is updating almost every day

Open the Play Store → Settings → Automatic Update → set to Never update automatically

do the same with Galaxy Store

cheers 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

imanishay123
Apprentice
Options
how did you look at app crash history
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I haven't personally, but if you read the reviews, it's the app itself, there has been 5 updates in 3 days that I have noticed. Clear the Cache in Settings >> Apps >> Facebook >> Storage >> Clear Cache. It should be fine very soon. the latest update changes the group icon to a Google Disover/ Samsung Free type news feed.
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
Settings >> Battery & Device Care >> upper right "signal" type icon and it is the first section.
0 Likes
brewdog
Student
Options
hi there I see a few people having problems with Facebook app closing its really anoying I can open mine and wait 2 or 3 sec and then just chucks me back to home screen really anoying any ideas why it's doing this s10 never... I phoned samsung and Did the reset apps with the volume up button and power key no luck also cleared cash and uninstalld app no luck as of yet nee phone and been fee wee problems its anoying any help be great thanks
Colin
0 Likes
Dominic36
Student
Options

False. This doesn't work. App still crashes 

0 Likes