Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face unlock issue on S21 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 07:00 PM)
gv959
Journeyman
Options
I have just purchased the S21 Ultra to replace an S10 Plus. Face unlock on the S10 plus works flawlessly and is as fast as on my iPhone 11 pro Max. However face unlock on the S21 ultra rarely works.

I have tested this by removing face recognition data from both the S10 plus and the S21 Ultra take a knee photos and set the same settings to both phones.. the S10 plus then proceeds to unlock instantly from any angle whereas the S21 ultra refuses to unlock 4 out of 5 times....

@Anonymous User. There is definitely a a bug with the face unlock system on the S21 ultra that needs to be addressed please.
31 REPLIES 31
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
yep I've also noticed it's not very good at unlocking.
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
its terrible, I don't bother with it otherwise I'd be there all day waiting for the phone to unlock
Cralexander79
First Poster
Options

Yes I'm having problems too it will work when I first set my face recognition but then if I mess up once it continues to mess up until I erase my face recognition and redo it. This needs to be addressed ASAP Samsung!!

Tat2
Journeyman
Options
I'm glad someone else is having the same problem. I've completely removed mine now as I'm sick of the failed notification.
TomaszDorset
Pioneer
Options
I am now sitting in my car. darknes, no lights on my parking space. I have checked face recognition around ten times on my s21ultra. All attempts without mistake. Works perfectly. On my S10+ previously face recognition was like nightmare
0 Likes
darias416
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem. Even after re-registering my face, the face unlock fails.

0 Likes
Tonie1
First Poster
Options

Turn on the fast face unlock from the settings. Worked on mine s21 ultra

0 Likes
Randy8
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue where I can be inside my house or in a car and it is hit or Miss. it definitely does not work consistently. I use an iPhone 12 Pro as a secondary Mobil device for work and the face recognition is ridiculously fast every time and without the need to press the side button to wake up phone first. Is there a way to use this feature in my s21 without having to press the side button first?

0 Likes
THL107
First Poster
Options

I got a S21+.  It was working fine the first day or 2 and it stopped working last night.  I removed/setup the face recognition data twice and still not working.   Not sure what is the problem.   The only thing I can think of is that I have been putting a lot of apps/services to sleep but I don't recall putting any Samsung apps to sleep (except Samsung Pay).   I hate to do a factory reset.