Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face Tag in Gallery not working

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 11:35 PM)
Aydam
Apprentice
Options
The automatic face tag hasn't been working since 15th of October. I've been on holiday and been to a wedding since then so it definitely would have picked up on my friend's faces and my own. I have 1.5 gig of storage left, could this be caused in the issue?

15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options

@Aydam: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Gallery > Permissions > Contacts > Allow, as this can improve the tagging feature by searching for details in your contacts list. 

0 Likes
Aydam
Apprentice
Options
Contacts has been allowed for the past 18 months.
0 Likes
Lorenz Kahle
Apprentice
Options

Any update to this?

0 Likes
Aydam
Apprentice
Options
Starting working again randomly and now hasn't been working since Boxing day
0 Likes
TomMue
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have a fold 4 and and a tab S6 and on both devices the exact same problem. Facetag works sporadically, generally the scanning and analyzing the media is not complete. There are a lot of settings missing regarding this feature and it's kind of annoying to pay so much money for a flagship that has such issues, because a simple reset or rescan buttons are missing.

On the fold 4 I've round the app that stores the data and reset it. It's called "SEC Media storage". Media was rescanned, but incompletely tagged and now completely without facetags. Also the grouping function is not working and shows a small window with the message "Couldn't group your images. Some may not have been analyzed yet."

There is a major bug in this feature and it needs to be addressed. 

utack
Journeyman
Options

Happening on the new S23 here

Any updates? 

Deutzz
First Poster
Options
same
DinxSiro
First Poster
Options