Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

face recognition

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 08:44 PM)
Tat2
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having problems with the face recognition. I've tried setting it up a few times and even with setting an alternate look it still doesn't recognise my face and unlock. 1 maybe 2 times out of every 10 does it work. I've got to the point where I've turned it completely off so I don't have to keep seeing the notification at the top saying it hasn't worked!! 
13 REPLIES 13
CodyW
First Poster
Options

Never had a problem with my iphone face id. Got a s21 and have had nothing but problems with both biometrics. The fingerprint scanner barely works with a screen protector and I have long hair so if my hair isn't exactly the way it was when I scanned my face it doesn't work. That's completely unacceptable for how much this phone costs. Fitfo Samsung!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@CodyW: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Regarding the fingerprint scanner, can you try heading to Settings > Display > Touch Sensitivity > On, as this will increase the sensitivity of the screen, which can be useful when a screen protector is applied. For Face Recognition, you may wish to try rescanning your face with your hair tied back so your whole face is visible. If your hair was covering your face in the initial scan, or is covering it when you attempt to unlock the device using this feature, then this can naturally create an issue. 

0 Likes
PCD_SP
First Poster
Options

The level of light needed for face recognition to work is ridiculous! 

Samsung wake up, my S21 face unlock is worse then a basic entry level Xiaomi! Even with the faster recognition on... seems to have a will of its own! If I look at the phone from above, forget about it, 100% failure rate! 

0 Likes
PCD_SP
First Poster
Options

it is bad... Samsung S21 5G / Android 12. Samsung S20 Plus, same... poor face unlock, compared to the competition, the face unlock on Samsung seems like an iPhone! Jeez!

0 Likes