Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

face recognition

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 08:44 PM)
Tat2
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having problems with the face recognition. I've tried setting it up a few times and even with setting an alternate look it still doesn't recognise my face and unlock. 1 maybe 2 times out of every 10 does it work. I've got to the point where I've turned it completely off so I don't have to keep seeing the notification at the top saying it hasn't worked!! 
13 REPLIES 13
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
sorru to hear this. Mine is working fine so maybe try this - Settings >> search >> Optimising Battery Usage >> Apps drop down arrow, select all >> search biometrics amd toggle it off ( as in attachled image ) and delete your registered face data and try again 🤞🏻

Screenshot_20210203-220731_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Tat2
Journeyman
Options
believe me I've tried everything.
0 Likes
Tat2
Journeyman
Options
tried again and still doesn't work!
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have similar issue, compared to my Pixel4XL it's ***** poor, but then the pixel has a proper sensor.

I believe you need really good light on your face for it to work properly.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think it's Android 11, not the phone. My S10 facial recognition is flakey after the update.
0 Likes
stevebf
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem with face recognition on my S20 Ultra, it only works sometimes & the same problem with the fingerprint, only works sometimes so I end up entering my password to unlock the phone. I have tried everything including 2 fingerprints using the same finger,but just a waste of time. I give up.
0 Likes
GrumpyDrew
First Poster
Options

Same, I just got the S21 Ultra this week and have  Had nothing but issues with the face recognition and fingerprint recognition. I've even saved multiple facial recognition slots and fingerprint recognition slots. I really hope Samsung get this fixed soon. It is really annoying.

0 Likes
Paetman
First Poster
Options
Facial recognition almost useless on my S21 Ultra. Worked fine initially but now hardly at all. Pretty poor for a phone costing this much. Any word of samsung addressing this issue?
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

If you are having some difficulty, here are some facial recognition tips.

• Glasses, hats, masks, makeup, bangs, and beards can affect the recognition process.

• Make sure you are in a well-lit area and the camera lens is clean.

• For best results, make sure your image is not blurry.

• Face recognition is less secure than Pattern, PIN, Iris, or Fingerprint.

• Your phone can be unlocked by someone that looks similar to you (such as a twin).

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes