Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exynos version of the galaxy s21 ultra over heating

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 12:40 AM)
Emsly
Explorer
Options
Anyone else not impressed with the battery performance of the s21 ultra? Is anyone having overheating problems in the UK? Does ur phone prompt u that multiscreen has to be closed because of over heating hence u cannot make video calls and use other apps at the same time? I am wondering if i should order a replacement or outrightly return the phone. I just want to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. 
0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39
Yush
Apprentice
Options
Exactly same problem here
Emsly
Explorer
Options
Do u think ordering an exchange will be better?
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I sent my S21 ultra uk back for a refund due to overheating
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
50/50 gamble ..you could be lucky but for over 1000 pounds I did not want to take the chance
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I had the same concerns and came to this forum for help. it took me ages to find out why my phone was overheating n camera problems etc oh and battery life. After about a week now it's all good. nothing wrong with the phone to be honest. hardware all good. what I learnt is the way I set up my phone from my old phone. what I had to do is do a factory reset and start again.

do not use samsung switch to transfer everything.

make a list of all the apps you need on your new phone.
use your samsung cloud and Google account to transfer the essentials only. ie contacts, messages, calendar,
don't transfer any settings, home settings etc. and definitely don't transfer any apps. that's the biggest problem. basically some of the apps were conflicting with the new One UI / Android. what you have to do is reinstall all your apps directly from Google playstore or Galaxy store and install it from there. you should much better experience after that.

also note: if you can avoid using Chrome, then it is even better because chrome using more battery for some reason. but install it if u have to. its not that bad.

while doing all this, the phone can heat up a little but that's normal cos it's installing n setting up ur phone all at once. it's fine. Once everything settles, start using your phone as normal and let the phone learn how u use ut phone. give it about 5 days. it will heat up a little perhaps but that's fine. but if its really hot then contact samsung. also wipe cache partition after factory reset. look on YouTube on how to. hope this helps.
Emsly
Explorer
Options
Thanks a whole lot. This was very helpful
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@Emsly Yes please follow the guidelines of @Gionike above... i made this post a few days ago of my experience of having poor battery life and the differences after a factory reset.  It is certainly worth the efforts. 

My phone has stopped optimising for the second time now and I am getting somewhere between 6 and 7 hours of SOT which is a great improvement.  There are now some further tweaks and hints to use to extend this futher... Deep sleeping apps... using a fixed brightness... and other things to look into. 

I would be interested to know your experience too... let us know how much difference a clean factory reset and installation of apps from the store.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/for-all-the-users-suffering-battery-life-issue...

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Yush
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the info guys.. It's pretty poor on Samsung part that in buying their flagship, we need to spend hours in reinstalling etc. I hoped the latest updated would have fixed the problem but no joy. @emsly, let us know if it works out for you please!
0 Likes
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
how are you transfering photos. I've got an S10+ with photos on SD card and phone. Would using a USB c cable and transferring that way be ok. Then download all the apps again?
0 Likes