Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert Raw camera app

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 11:25 AM)
OsoGrande
Apprentice
Options
Please can Samsung make the Expert Raw camera app v1.0.00.21 (or later) available on the UK Galaxy store. Currently impossible to download from Korea without a galaxy store error.
5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi you can find that version on XDA's developers site, I've already downloaded it.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/samsung-expert-raw-app.4366129/page-3#post-86286779
Expert Raw Denied
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the information. I purchased my phone a week ago on the basis of the app. Otherwise I would have an Iphone. Phone now resident in a draw. I shall wait another week an then resort to your link. Never never again will I purchase anything from Samsung.

Expert Raw Denied
Apprentice
Options

I have chased this up over the phone and on chats with UK customer services. They seem remarkably ignorant about their phones and have very little information and seem to have very little interest in helping. They claim the app isn't theirs because they are Samsung UK and the app is Samsung's, whoever that Samsung is!

I have escalated the issue to UK executive. Received an automated response from "Samsung UK Presidential Escalations Team" promising a response in 24 hours. It has now been a week without any response. 

The message back from Samsung UK. Do not buy Samsung products.

Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Why wait a week when its available now ? Seems a bit petty ...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Are you for real? Software is not a legally binding part of even you buy hardware. Like anything it is subject to change.

Besides only south Korean s21u and s22 ultra support this officially. The current beta is more or less the full version. You won't find this available until about the end of February. So not long now.

The gains over the standard galaxy pro mode are better control over all 4 lenses. 16-bit Linear Raw support. HDR stacking using multiple frames per shot. So not ideal for wildlife and other quick movements.

For still shots it is pretty good especially when you set the exposure and focus to lock to fixed points.

0 Likes