Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent performance of S21 Ultra after update

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 07:23 PM)
realmm99
Journeyman
Options

Hello friends. If you remember, I was one of the people who bought the first S21 Ultra series 2 months ago, and unfortunately I had a problem with severe overheating in the camera and battery performance. I wanted to say that I bought an S21 Ultra again and I want to Let me tell you my experiences. The first thing I have to say is that when I took the device out of the box, I saw that the December 2020 update was installed on it, just like my previous S21 Ultra. Until I installed the 1.5 GB update and the device was updated in April. Then I hard reset and wiped cached it to completely remove the effects of the previous update. After doing the hard reset, I turned on the device and I started using it. And I want to say you that the performance of the S21 Ultra has really improved after these updates. The camera is completely smooth and there are no more occasional lags moving between the cameras. The image quality has increased drastically. And most importantly, the problem of overheating has been solved. To perform this test, I recorded 4k 60fps video for 41 minutes. When it started I recorded the video and the device started to warm up in 5 minutes, but the important point is that the process of warming up the device stops after 5 minutes and does not get hotter. It has a completely normal heat for 41 minutes video. I was very surprised, because in my previous S21, with the January update, 20 minutes of full HD video recording was very hot, and it burns my hand, while now I have recorded 41 minutes of video without overheating. In terms of battery, it has been extremely excellent. In the past, using a camera, the battery was draining very quickly. However, now, with 41 minutes of video, only 18% of the battery has been reduced.

The whole device is great. I wish Samsung had given this update in January

20210411_074343.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I'm not sure but I think I lost a couple of hours screen on time with the update. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Wilas
Explorer
Options
Got the S21U Fri 9/4 and installed April update before I even used out of the box and the battery life was dire.
I know the AI would be learning usage patterns and battery optimisation would be applied in a week or so but light use was returning 30%appx after 3-4 hrs
After clearing the cache from bootloader which now needs to be connected to PC to enable button sequence 🙄 The battery is now returning numbers that are a vast improvement 3-4 hrs 93%.
Same issue with my S10+
Before returning which I considered straight away this is highly recommended procedure after such updates/smartwatch configuration.
Happy days.
0 Likes
Wilas
Explorer
Options
SmartSwitch
0 Likes