Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Europe gets the trash exynos

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 07:59 PM)
prouv
Apprentice
Options
So why do we have to get the trash exynos 2100? I want to buy the snapdragon one, got burned by the exynos 990, carriers in my country only sell the exynos trash 
7 REPLIES 7
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
Cheaper for Samsung to produce their own SoC chip in EU countries than the Snapdragon.

Importing the Snapdragon version will attract VAT + import charges
0 Likes
prouv
Apprentice
Options
Il skip exynos products, no point of getting inferior products
0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
I doubt you'll even notice the difference but your loss. UK has been getting the Exynos SoC chip for years
0 Likes
prouv
Apprentice
Options
they said the same thing about exynos 990, and the new exynos 2100 had the same battery test result as sd 865+ from last year. 8h 41m of continuous running. I'm sure sd888 will have a better battery life. So exynos will be inferior, ripoff
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
Oh well I don't care for my ultra 21 coming next week
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@prouv  

Samsung do put the Snapdragon soc into some phone's in Europe as we've seen in the Samsung fe 5g and fold 2 phone's so I'm not sure why they haven't with the Samsung s21 line up.

As said they do manufacturer the Exynos so it would make economic sense.

@theroninhunter 

I imported my N20 Ultra Snapdragon version from Hong Kong via WondaMobile and they paid all import fee's. So it depends on who you choose to use.

I'm sure you'll love your Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Saxacat
Voyager
Options

I suspect its down to economics; they make the Exynos chipset, its probably cheaper for them to use it where they can. They may well be contractually obliged to use Snapdragon in some countries (or contractually obliged not to use Exynos).

I also suspect 95% Samsung phone users will not know what a chipset is, let alone care or know which one is in their phone.

My first Samsung phone was the S9Plus, I never researched what chipset it had; I needed to replace my Blackberry Priv and I knew someone who had an S9 and I liked it. I know people who choose their phone by OS first and colour second 🙄