Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM and physical sim get network but physical sim doesn't get calls or text

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 06:30 PM)
PranjalYadav
Student
Options

I recently updated to OneUI beta 2 on my SM-G998U1. I see that eSIM and physical sim both get network and LTE works, but the physical sim doesn't get calls or text. Rather, the physical sim forwards the call to eSIM by default. The messages sent to the physical sim are lost.

Note: The carrier for the eSIM and the physical sim are different. I tried work setting different primary sim, and working with advanced sim settings but nothing has helped so far.

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@PranjalYadav: Please can you confirm where you are currently based? Are the networks for the physical SIM and eSIM based in the same region? To troubleshoot the issue, try heading to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager > Preferred SIM Card, and assign your physical SIM to the Calls and Messages categories. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
PranjalYadav
Student
Options

Thanks @AndrewL for the response.

I'm currently in India and my phone is an unlocked S21 Ultra bought in the US (SM-G998U1). Both the sims are from India and they both get full signal.

I tried changing Primary sim settings in all possible ways but it didn't work. Also, can I get call only on the preferred sim? (if and when it works). I though the reason of having 2 sims is to have an option to get calls and text on both depending upon network signal strength.

Please let me know if you want me to test anything else. Happy to.

0 Likes
HarshaBekkem
First Poster
Options

Hello Pranjal ,

Even I am facing the same issue . By any chane are you able to use bot the esim and physical now . If yes please let me know the process on how to activate it 

0 Likes