Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enter your phone number

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 08:25 AM)
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
Hello. Can someone tell me how to get this to work? Every time I enter my number it just takes me back to the home screen and leaves the page running in the background. I can swipe it away but it comes back every time I turn my phone on. Why won't it accept my number? Is it because my sim is unknown?

14 REPLIES 14
DerekBigWeeLaddie
Pathfinder
Options
Get rid of the first zero when you enter the number and don't leave spaces. That should work then! 🙂
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I have tried it. doesn't work. it's like the continue button doesn't work. just sends the page into background apps.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
is this message app screen? I know with my message app, when I wanted to register for chat services etc it couldn't register it the 1st few days. I thought maybe the servers were down or something but it registered eventually. I wonder if its the similar thing here with u
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I don't know. it comes up when I turn on my phone. I can swipe it away but it will come back next time. the continue button does the same as the skip button. annoying.😖
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yep i have that problem as well can't get it to change to chat..
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I don't really the know the differences with them. I thought my messages were already on chat. bit clueless really.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
just turn off rich communications that should solve the issue its a widespread problem at the moment which effected me also
lubumbax
Apprentice
Options

The same happens to me, only with a Dutch phone number and S10. 

I may be wrong, but I think this started happening after I accepted some "software update" that popped up a few months ago over  my home screen. I have to say that there was an out of usual feeling to this pop-up. It looked like a regular update that even required restarting the phone.

Some time after that screen showed up (per your screenshot above), I entered my number and then... nothing really different (the popup didn't show up anymore) until I noticed my phone bills where higher than usual (like +€5 per week). 

My provider mentions about this kind of paid service (some FTMSC service or so) in the following page (sorry it's in Dutch):
https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/mobiel/veelgestelde-vragen/hoe-kan-ik-sms-diensten-stoppen-en...

There, they suggest going to https://www.payinfo.nl/ and unsubscribing from the paid service. 
That worked, but then the popup started to show up again.
So now I am wondering about that update. 
Does this ring a bell to anyone?

In general I would appreciate a word from Samsung Support Services, or any advise like "how to get a list of updates applied" as to find out if there is any rogue update that was applied to my device.

Cheers,
Carlos

0 Likes
RedEagle1980
First Poster
Options

This is really annoying! How do I fix it? Thank you

0 Likes