Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency call

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 10:50 PM)
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Please can someone help. How do I disable emergency call on Samsung s21 plus. It keeps calling police, ambulance services while in my pocket. I dont know what to do other than to have my phone switched off. 
14 REPLIES 14
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Hi update, after talking to Samsung support the next thing to try and stop emergency service call is to change the swipe option on phone from side swipe to bottom swipe. Will try this and update if it works.
0 Likes
DrTim
First Poster
Options

Try turning off double tap to unlock.  Then you dont get the Emergency Call button when accidentally pocket tapping ...

Enable Double Tap to Turn off on my Samsung Galaxy One UI 3.0 | Samsung Australia

nzhome
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. it only just started happening after an update late in 2022. i too turned off sos setting.  samsung has put an emergency button right under the power off button in the middle of the screen, and they have no setting to turn it off.  sooo stupid.   and to all those that give anzwers, thank you, but keep to yourself if you havemt experienced the problem and found a solution. its a waste of time reading random things to try.  as if we couldnt already do that ourselves.

Rickb64
Explorer
Options
I have the same issue. The police have called me back twice to check I'm ok. They must be getting well annoyed at Samsung. This service needs an off switch.
The only thing I can think of, is that this only happens when the screen is next to my leg in my pocket, when I turn it screen outward it doesn't do it. I think its the thin pocket lining allowing my leg to press , press and hold etc.
It may also help turning off lock screen notifications as I'm sure that's the trigger.
Either way Samsung needs to install an off switch for emergency call.
0 Likes
miwelillo
First Poster
Options
Hi, Im having the same problem since yesterday. My phone has called emergency services 4 times in the last 2 days. I can't believe Samsung has implemented such a silly feature without any real life testing. I have disabled SOS but the problem is the Emergency call direct link in the lock screen. It allows calling without having to use the unlock pattern/fingerprint. I am currently under a background check for a job and can't afford going through this surreal situation.