Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency call

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 03:21 PM)
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Please can someone help. How do I disable emergency call on Samsung s21 plus. It keeps calling police, ambulance services while in my pocket. I dont know what to do other than to have my phone switched off. 
14 REPLIES 14
Neo001
Legend
Options

In Settings > Safety and emergency > Emergency SoS is turned off?

0 Likes
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Thank you for replying. It is turned off but still calls emergency services. Before the update I never had a problem.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Not sure if it will work, but give following a try -

Turn on Emergency SOS. Restart your phone. Turn off Emergency SOS and then restart your phone again. Press the power button 5 times to check the issue is resolved.

Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Thank you Neo001 for replying. I have done this and pressing the power button 5 times doesn't do anything so hope it's worked. I will update tomorrow after my phone has been in my pocket while at work.
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hope it stays this way. 😀

0 Likes
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Hi update, sad to say it didn't work. Still doing it. Any more ideas?
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

It's ndeed sad that it did not work. I am afraid, you may have to book for a repair and let Samsung have a look at the issue. 

In the meantime, you could change the emergency contact number to some random number like 000 and / or increase the countdown duration. 

0 Likes
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Thanks again for the quick response. Yes have changed the number but for some reason it seems to go back to 999. Baffled. Would a factory reset work. Don't want to do it.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

I am not sure tbh, but if you going to factory reset your phone, before doing that, try resetting all the settings.

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset all settings and restart your phone. 

Note that you will have to set up Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections again and all your custom settings will be reset to factory default. 

0 Likes