Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Emergency call on galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 03:17 PM)
Magpie69
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi, after the one ui5 update I thought it was my phone calling emergency call but its my watch catching on my coat sleeve. Is there any way I can disable it. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@Magpie69: If you would like to disable this feature on your Galaxy Watch 4 then please head to the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected mobile phone > Watch settings > Safety and emergency > Make SOS call to, and deselect the registered contact. 

Alternatively, tap 'SOS with Home Key > Countdown before sending, to allow yourself time to cancel the request if it is activated in error. 

0 Likes
Sakhib
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
There has been a lot of issues in my note 20 ultra after one ui 5 update. Phone gets hanged and restarts automatically, microphone issues, device heating
0 Likes
Magpie69
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I don't have any contacts. It calls the emergency services and I have to explain that I do not need assistance. This has happened 5 times now. Never had a problem before the update. I just want to disable it so it doesn't keep happening.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@Magpie69: In this instance, please head to Watch settings > Safety and emergency > SOS with Home Key, and toggle the switch off. It may be the case that, without a contact assigned, it is defaulting to the emergency services, but disabling this feature should prevent any future occurrences. 

0 Likes
Magpie69
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi Andrew, it's already turned off. It should be everyone's choice whether it's on or disabled. Not nice having to explain why it's called them.
0 Likes