Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency call on galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 07:09 PM)
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Hi, after the one ui5 update I thought it was my phone calling emergency call but its my watch catching on my coat sleeve. Is there any way I can disable it. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Magpie69: If you would like to disable this feature on your Galaxy Watch 4 then please head to the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected mobile phone > Watch settings > Safety and emergency > Make SOS call to, and deselect the registered contact. 

Alternatively, tap 'SOS with Home Key > Countdown before sending, to allow yourself time to cancel the request if it is activated in error. 

0 Likes
Sakhib
First Poster
Options
There has been a lot of issues in my note 20 ultra after one ui 5 update. Phone gets hanged and restarts automatically, microphone issues, device heating
0 Likes
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
I don't have any contacts. It calls the emergency services and I have to explain that I do not need assistance. This has happened 5 times now. Never had a problem before the update. I just want to disable it so it doesn't keep happening.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Magpie69: In this instance, please head to Watch settings > Safety and emergency > SOS with Home Key, and toggle the switch off. It may be the case that, without a contact assigned, it is defaulting to the emergency services, but disabling this feature should prevent any future occurrences. 

0 Likes
Magpie69
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew, it's already turned off. It should be everyone's choice whether it's on or disabled. Not nice having to explain why it's called them.
0 Likes