Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge screen

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 09:20 AM)
Gazski
Explorer
Options

Why do the apps on the edge screen no longer have the names under them after update?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AsadM
Options

The apps in the Edge panel do appear to be named on my end, @Gazski. Which phone are you using? Can you please send a picture of your Edge panel? Before you do this, switch off your phone to give it a fresh start.

0 Likes
Gazski
Explorer
Options
Hi @AsadM , The same is on my wife's phone as well. We both have Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G on EE network.20211206_105809_3958_1638788289.jpg
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Thanks for this, @Gazski. Do the apps on your Home screen/Apps page show the name under the icons, or are they the same as the Edge panel? Which Android version is your phone on? You can find this in Settings > About phone > Software information > Android version. 

0 Likes
Gazski
Explorer
Options
Hi @AsadM,
The apps on homescreen/apps page do have the names under the icon, it's only thecedge panel that does not.
Phones are both on Android 12.
Its only after updating to 12 that this problem has arose.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Gazski. It looks like the names under the icons have been removed since the update. I will feed this back to our colleagues. 

0 Likes
Gazski
Explorer
Options
If you can please because trying to remember the different icons by the picture is a pain.
Thank you
Gazski
Explorer
Options
Any news about this yet?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

I've passed the feedback on to the developers, @Gazski. Whether or not they go ahead and implement it again, I'm not sure.

0 Likes
TomH314
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. No text under icons. Phone was just activated yesterday!20211225_090627.jpg

0 Likes