Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge lighting not working

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 07:12 AM)
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Read all the posts on this forum on how to get the edge lighting working but it's still not working. Tried the clear cache & restart phone, checked all settings etc but still it wont work.

When i had a missed call on my Huawei mate 20 pro a small led would flash to inform me. When in work i can't always answer my phone so it would be nice to have something visual to tell me later.

Not had the phone 2 weeks yet so this is the first time i tried to activate it. My phone has the latest update.

Any help appreciated. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Go to Settings - Notifications - brief pop up settings.
From there you should be able to set it up.
Make sure your notification is set to brief also.

Hope this helps 🤞👍
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I actually miss this feature from my S10+, you can only have edge lighting with brief pop ups where as before I had detailed notifications and edge lighting....
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you set the notification style to " Brief popup " ? Settings - Notifications- set the style to Brief then a Brief Pop Up Settings option should appear - Edge Lighting options are in there
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lee815: You may also wish to try heading to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification, and enable Camera Flash or Screen Flash notifications, or both, for added visibility. 

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options
Done all of the above before starting this post.
Was hoping there was a new fix.
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options
OK it seems to be working with messenger but it's not what I was looking for because it only flashes for about a second.
I want to pull my phone out of my pocket and something visual is telling me I have a missed call.
0 Likes
Kelann162
Apprentice
Options

That's exactly what I want too. I had the led indicator on my s9 but not on the s21. What was that hurting??? ugh.  I think I'm gonna factory reboot my s9 and return this s21

0 Likes