Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo on calls S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 08:54 PM)
kbfu
Student
Options

As other posts have suggested, everyone I call hears an echo. I just purchased my Samsung S21 Ultra less than a week ago and its already having this persistent issue.

Fixes I've attempted:
I've reset in safe mode. This fixes it for ~2 hours. I'm not going to restart my phone 7 times a day so that's not a fix.
I've reset Bixby to factory settings. That didn't work either. Even if it did, I wouldn't call that a fix  because I find Bixby to be wholly irritating and prefer to keep it off (persistently would turn on while using Google Maps preventing me from seeing directions).
I've ensured all apps are up to date and functioning. 
Bluetooth is off, no other device should be interfering.

Please suggest a fix. I'd prefer to not have to exchange my phone.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If using speaker mode
Try turning it off on
Ask caller to turn volume down
0 Likes
kbfu
Student
Options

1) The issue persists in speaker mode and not speaker mode.
2) Tried turning it off and on multiple times
3) Even with the volume all the way down, they still hear themselves. Also that's not really a solution as the Speaker mode is a completely standard phone function. If phones from 2014 could do speaker without echo, I don't see why my brand new device from 2021 is facing issues. 

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try going settings
Apps
And look for Bixby Service
And just clear the cache

Bixby uses the mic also
0 Likes
codeninja
First Poster
Options

I've just recently started having this issue, but hopefully it won't come back like yours did after only a couple of hours. I tried all of the fixes, but the only thing that worked was rebooting in safe mode and then turning safe mode off. I really hope it will last for a long time.  I've had the phone for about a year and only started experiencing this in the last few weeks. Wish me luck.

0 Likes
BigDog63
Student
Options

I don't see Bixby Service.  I do see several Bixby apps....is Bixby Voice the right one?

Also, when opening that up, I then don't see an option to clear the cache, either.

Ahhh, if you click on Storage, then there is a Clear Cache 

Although, just tried, and it didn't help.  😞

0 Likes
chrisgirone
First Poster
Options

I'm not sure if you're still having this issue, but turn off your wi-fi calling. That might fix the issue. It's been listed as a possible fix in other forums.

0 Likes