Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Whataspp stopped working since last update in my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 05:04 AM)
User- S21 Ultra
First Poster
Options

With great enthusiasm, I switched to my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra from my previous Xiaomi phone last month.  It is great disappointing to see that the 2nd Whatsapp enabled through Dual Messenger option seized to work for both incoming and outgoing attachments after an update in October 2021.  However, whatsapp texting works fine. 

I guess that the dual whatsapp is unable to get access to the local media storage, although permission has been granted in the settings.  The error displayed while downloading the attachment is 'Download Failed - The download was unable to complete. Please try again later'.  The error displayed while uploading the attachment is ' Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage'.   

When I had contacted the Samsung Customercare Service through Chat option, they acknowledged that there are certain issues with the current update, and this problem would be resolved when they release a new update soon.  Since then there was one update issued by Samsung dated November 1, 2021, however, the problem continues to persist. 

I have uninstalled the second whatsapp several times, and also done reset of my phone to factory settings twice, but all the efforts could not solve this issue.  Now, I wish that somehow I could return the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone to Samsung and go back to Xiaomi with some flagship model.    

13 REPLIES 13
Pelmmy
Student
Options

I have same issues,  my phone updated software this morning and dual whatsapp stopped sending or receiving all media. 

I opened the file manager as you suggested and was able to do the first step, clicked on the ! on the internal storage (dual messenger) and I allowed access for file manager on the list. 

Now I'm stuck at the next step. When I open storage and copied the files, when I paste it, I keep getting an error message 

0 Likes
Pelmmy
Student
Options

However, this suggestion I found in another thread on this forum, seems to work, at least for now (running a backup to Google Drive now ...)

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp". Copy folder "/Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

I hope this works for everyone!

U Nazir
Journeyman
Options

I also faced the same issue in my s21 ultra. The only way is to restore your backup from Google drive. as if you delay this you will not be able to recover the chat and media after your phone upgrade to date. so it's better to uninstall dual WhatsApp and install it again with Google drive backup and all will work fine.

0 Likes
Imdadturi
First Poster
Options

thank you so much Pelmmy! this worked for me.

0 Likes