Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Whataspp stopped working since last update in my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 03:15 PM)
User- S21 Ultra
First Poster
Options

With great enthusiasm, I switched to my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra from my previous Xiaomi phone last month.  It is great disappointing to see that the 2nd Whatsapp enabled through Dual Messenger option seized to work for both incoming and outgoing attachments after an update in October 2021.  However, whatsapp texting works fine. 

I guess that the dual whatsapp is unable to get access to the local media storage, although permission has been granted in the settings.  The error displayed while downloading the attachment is 'Download Failed - The download was unable to complete. Please try again later'.  The error displayed while uploading the attachment is ' Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage'.   

When I had contacted the Samsung Customercare Service through Chat option, they acknowledged that there are certain issues with the current update, and this problem would be resolved when they release a new update soon.  Since then there was one update issued by Samsung dated November 1, 2021, however, the problem continues to persist. 

I have uninstalled the second whatsapp several times, and also done reset of my phone to factory settings twice, but all the efforts could not solve this issue.  Now, I wish that somehow I could return the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone to Samsung and go back to Xiaomi with some flagship model.    

13 REPLIES 13
StanT
Apprentice
Options
I have exactly the same issue with my new s21 I received in September. Samsung have let us down here, after 10 years loyalty they still state to me they have no idea what I am talking about
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung is working on an update to sort it out .. it will obviously take a little time to be pushed out
CFan
First Poster
Options

It is indifference - pure and simple. These issues have been reported for several months, and if an issue still persists then I can only infer they are indifferent. 

I wrote to customwr support a vwry crisply defined problem as below,

--

whatsapp dual backup to google drive made on samsung phone not restoring on whatsapp dual of S21+5G. Works flawlessly in same configuration and network environment on oneplus. Software configuration on S21+5G - Android 11, OneUI 3.1, Whatsapp version 2.21.21.19

--

I got back a reply that whatsapp is a third party prodict and I should contact them. Qhen Inre-emphasized what I had originally written that a oneplus device is able to reatore it in the exact same setting (now I also verified that a Redmi Note 10 can also restore it fine), it cant be a whatsapp problem but rather a Samsung issue. Then they sent me insteuctions (detailed) on how to install whatsapp!!!

After 6 Note's and two S series devices, if  one can't resilve an issue after months, then it is rather clear to me as to what I should do. Hopefully, Samsung is reading this board and realizes that it is alienating people who LIKE their devices but a great device qith non-working software is a non-working device !!

bilout974
Apprentice
Options

Works well for me after same issue on dual app - galaxy ultra s21.

The issus is caused by new system file location for dual app, now on separate virtual disc.

- Open file manager.

- Storage - Dual Storage. Click on "!" and allow read write access

- Go to storage, Dual App, Android, media, com.whatsapp, whatsapp folder

- Select an copy all folder (Backups; Database, Media...)

Go back to root

- Select Internal Storage Dual App

- Open Android->media->com.whatsapp->whatsapp

- paste

Done !

You can erase copied files if you want inside source folder.

0 Likes
Rohit Mansukhani
Apprentice
Options

I am facing the identical issues with the dual wats app post updating the software to One UI4 on my Samsung S21+  on 29.11.2021. The 01.12.2021 update too of no use. Unable to download files or send files on the dual app. Even on the facebook app the links are not opening and upon clicking the link the app crashes.  

I dont know how many other issues will be faced in future which I have not yet identified.

0 Likes
U Nazir
Journeyman
Options

any luck?

0 Likes
Members_cSDL9Lm
First Poster
Options

I'm keen to try this but failing with this step.. any tips please?

Storage - Dual Storage. Click on "!" and allow read write access

0 Likes
Members_cSDL9Lm
First Poster
Options

Keen to try this but can't get the first step below, any tips please

- Storage - Dual Storage. Click on "!" and allow read write access

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

I have the same issue with my S21 Ultra. What the heck? How is this even possible? 

0 Likes