Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM – S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 06:42 PM)
advocate
Apprentice
Options

Hope someone can help (that includes Samsung programmers/engineers) – I have two SIM cards in my phone, personal and work. If I’m talking to someone on SIM1 (personal) and someone calls me on SIM2 or I have a missed call, I receive a missed call notification (so far so good!!). When I go to return the ‘SIM2 missed call’, my phone dials out using SIM1 – frustrating. This can be changed in options where if an outgoing call is placed it asks which SIM you want to use for the call – pointless. My OnePlus 7 Pro would intelligently select the SIM – so a missed call on SIM2 would be dialled out via SIM2 automatically, a missed call on SIM1 would be dialled out via SIM1 and you also have the option of changing which SIM dials out should you choose to do so.

None of these features are available on the S21 Ultra. In order to achieve this, I’ve purchased ‘True Phone’ app. The app works great but has a HORRIBLE UI. I shouldn’t have to purchase third party apps after paying a premium price for the Samsung S21 Ultra 512g.

Any help, ideas would be great.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
George1988
Voyager
Options
Hi advocate.
Obviously I'm not a Samsung programmer/engineer, but I'm using a dual Sim. Every single time I have to choose between calling using SIM1 or SIM2 as the system does not allow you to choose how to allocate each contact to desired SIM.. My other phone - Motorola G8 Plus can do it. Hope my answer helps.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I have s21+ and it offers to save contacts for the specific sim as you choose
0 Likes
advocate
Apprentice
Options

Hi George1988,

Many thanks for the response. I thought that was the case but I guess I hoped I can prompt Samsung to do something about this 😊 One lives in hope….

0 Likes
George1988
Voyager
Options
Yeah, most likely will further updates
0 Likes
advocate
Apprentice
Options

I hope so